Find a Security Clearance Job!


Nov 2005

Table of Contents

WASHINGTON, D. C. 20310-0300


PURPOSE. To provide DoD families information regarding necessary documentation for noncombatant evacuations.

1. Documentation. To be accepted for relocation and evacuation, noncombatants must present proof of citizenship or other documentation that validates ties to the United States, as listed below. For citizens of other countries authorized by the U.S. Department of State to be evacuated under the U.S. plan, noncombatants must show a clear tie to their parent country. Any of the following is sufficient and this documentation should be included in your hand-carried baggage/personal property:

a. Passport. (Preferred and most effective document to clear a safe haven country for United States or other destination country);
b. Military or U.S. government identification (ID) card (U.S., DOD or government eligible dependents);
c. Birth certificates, including adoption, marriage certificates, divorce decrees;
d. Naturalization certificates, citizenship papers;
e. Alien Registration Card (FmI-551).

2. Other Documentation. The following are desirable and ensure DoD families receive proper safe haven entitlements and process through the Repatriation Center expeditiously.

a. DD Form 2585 (Repatriation Processing Center Processing Sheet), required during inprocessing for personnel accountability while in a safe haven status. This information is entered into a family support system and ensures families can be kept apprised of latest news regarding changes in status. It is critical that this document be included for completion.

b. DD Form 1610 (Request and Authorization for TDY Travel of DOD Personnel), required for obtaining transportation and per diem entitlements during the evacuation and safe haven periods.

c. Copies of PCS orders that validate authorization for the sponsor and his/her family to be in the endangered country. For military service members, these orders will validate command sponsorship; for DoD civilians, orders will validate a return transportation agreement. These orders will ensure families who are authorized to be in the endangered country receive proper travel and safe haven entitlements.

d. DD Form 1337 (Authorization/Designation for Emergency Pay and Allowances) for families of military personnel and DD Form 2461 (Authorization for Emergency Evacuation Advance & Allotment Payments for DoD Civilian Employees) for DoD civilian personnel and their eligible family members. Without the appropriate form, required signatures, and, in the case of civilians, appropriate sponsor’s fund cite, families may not be able to receive an advance pay from the sponsor’s pay entitlements. These cannot be prepared and validated during processing.

e. Employment documents: Civilian employment resume. Government employees should have a copy of their SF 50, Notification of Personnel Action, indicating career status and a copy of their most recent performance appraisal.

f. Household Goods: SF 1203, U.S. Government Bill of Lading – Privately Owned Personal Property; Household Goods Descriptive Inventory; DD Form 619, Statement of Accessorial Services Performed. These forms were provided to the member/employee by the carrier when the households were packed/picked up for shipment. Documentation will expedite the claims process in the event of loss or damages and it is highly recommended that these documents be in the evacuee’s possession.

g. Immunization (shot) records, copies of important medical and dental records, medical insurance card/policy information, prescriptions and 30 day supply of medication as necessary.

h. A will and life insurance policy information.

i. Financial records (credit cards, checkbooks, bank statements, tax records, keys to safe deposit box, current bills, etc.).

j. Copy of vehicle registration/title. U.S. driver’s license, automobile insurance policy information.

k. Duplicate address book.

l. DoD parents who are to remain behind in the endangered country but whose children are under 18 must have specific powers of attorney for other adult noncombatants to escort their children to the designated safe haven and turn them over to the designated guardian.

m. Power of Attorney for escorted children.

n. School records, transcripts, test scores.

o. Household Inventory.

p. DD Form 2461 (Authorization for Emergency Evacuation Advance and Allotment Payments for DoD Civilian Employees).

q. DD Form 93 (Record of Emergency Data).

3. Money. For emergency use, $100 in cash and some of the local currency to defray costs of travel and subsistence on the economy if required. Large amounts of money should be secured, if possible.

4. Emergency supplies, as needed.

a. A 3-day supply of lightweight, high-energy, packaged ready-to-eat food.

b. A 3-day supply of baby food/formula, ready mixed (when appropriate).

c. Toiletries, to include those for baby when appropriate (toilet paper, soap, Kleenex, feminine hygiene articles, etc.)

5. Desirable emergency supplies include lightweight, easily disposable items as:

a. A backpack.

b. Blankets or sleeping bag.

c. Extra clothing, to include those for baby when appropriate.

d. A first aid kit.

e. A flashlight and extra batteries.

f. A small transistor radio and extra batteries.

6. Pets. If the commander makes a decision to evacuate pets, families will be required to pay for any transportation beyond the designated repatriation sites. Pet transportation costs are NOT an entitlement. Families who elect to come out on commercial air accompanied by their pets are responsible for all pet transportation costs and should be fully knowledgeable of the commercial carrier’s pet transport policies. Pet owners also should check to see if special permits are required for importation into the U.S. or if it is illegal to import the animal. In the event the pet is evacuated from the theater, the following will be required:

a. Any special food required by the animal during the evacuation process.

b. Separate pet containers for each animal except those with nursing litters.

c. Movement orders, health certificates (e.g., DD Form 2209, Veterinary Health Certificate) and vaccination certificates (e.g., DD Form 2208, Rabies Vaccination Certificate) attached in a waterproof pouch to the outside of the container.

d. Dogs and cats must wear collars with owner identification information unless medical condition precludes. Microchip identification is highly recommended.

8. See Annex N, Appendix 1 for a quick-reference checklist of NEO Kit items.


Table of Contents

WASHINGTON, D. C. 20310-0300


The following check list is a good reference for items to include in an evacuee NEO Kit:


  • ID Cards (military or US Government)
  • Passports for all Travelers (Visa, if required, as well)
  • Birth Certificates
  • Marriage Certificates
  • Naturalization Certificates, Citizenship papers (as applicable)
  • Alien Registration Card (FmI 551) (as applicable)
  • Power of Attorney (Family Care Plan/Spousal needs-as applicable)
  • Last Will and Testament
  • Financial Records (Checkbook/bank books/credit cards/ tax record/current bills, etc.)
  • Insurance Policies (car, life, health, etc.)
  • Completed Repatriation Processing Center Processing Sheet (DD Form 2585)
  • Request and Authorization for TDY Travel of DoD Personnel (DD Form 1610)
  • Copies of PCS orders authorizing family to be in endangered country (Validates command-sponsorship, and for civilians, return transportation agreement)
  • Employment documents: Resume, latest pay voucher, latest performance evaluation
  • Medical records (Immunization, copies of important medical and dental records)
  • 30 Day supply of prescription medications
  • School records for children/adult evacuees (Transcripts, test scores, etc.)
  • Record of Emergency Data (DD Form 93)
  • Vehicle Registration/Title/ U.S. Driver’s License
  • Personal Property Inventory with Photos (DD Form 1701—Includes Household Goods)
  • Emergency Payment Authorization (DA Form 1337)

Money--emergency use Suggest US $100 minimum cash, some foreign currency


  • Separate carrier for each animal
  • Collars on each animal with owner ID information (microchip recommended)
  • Health certificate/shot records attached to cage in waterproof pouch
  • Supply of pet food (specialty food, if required)


  • Food supply for all travelers sufficient for 3 days
  • Baby toiletries (diapers, etc.) 3 day supply
  • Personal toilet articles (toothbrush, toothpaste, etc.)
  • Feminine hygiene articles
  • First Aid Kit
  • Flashlight with extra batteries
  • Backpack, small suitcase
  • Extra clothing
  • Blankets (seasonal)


Table of Contents