Preparation for Operations
- Personal field gear and equipment.
- Camouflage screening system.
- Hex tent/stove/cots/water cans.
- Communications Systems:
-AN/G RA-39 Remote
- TA-1035/U with MX-10891/G field wire.
- Maps and overlay material.
- Field table with chairs.
- Office supplies and materials to include:
-Notepads and tablet
-Rubbing alcohol/paper towels
-DA Form 1594/fire mission logs
- TSOP/SOI/OPLAN/OPORD of parent unit.
- TSOP/SOI/OPLAN/OPORD of supported unit.
- Location and route to supported CP.
- Intelligence update.
- Current plans, orders, maps, overlays, and targeting information to include concept of operation and commander's intent.
- Unit locations/readiness and strength.
- Land management coordinating agency (force headquarters FSE).
- Logistical considerations and supporting agencies.
- Current status of supported unit's mission.
- References field and technical manuals.
- Report to gaining unit S3 and brief and graphics on current status of parent unit and mission.
- Receive updated briefing and status on supported unit.
- Establish and maintain communication(s) with parent unit.
- Participate in supported unit's orders process, briefings, and rehearsals. Assist in development of:
-FS Execution Matrix
- Advise on parent unit capabilities, requirements, limitations, and employment.
- Visit and coordinate with all supported unit staff elements.
- Send parent unit routine updates regarding mission, unit locations, future operations, and commander's intent.
- Organize sleep plan for 24-hour operations.
- Ensure supported unit S3 is aware of your location at all times.
- Accomplish mission without interfering with the supported unit's operations.
- Facilitate information exchange.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|