Civil Affairs Annex to an Operation Order
When a CA annex (Figure F-1) to an OPORD is needed, CMO staff personnel (augmented by CA planning teams) develop the annex. In division and below OPORDs, the CA annex is Annex G; in corps and above, it is Annex U.
Figure F-1. Format of CA Annex to an OPORD
Copy no. __ of __
ANNEX (CIVIL AFFAIRS) TO OPERATIONS ORDER NO. _____
References: List maps, charts, other relevant documents, and local command guidance.
Time Zone Used Throughout the Order: Identify time zone--for example ZULU.
1. SITUATION. Include items of information affecting CA support not included in paragraph 1 of the OPORD or any information needing expansion.
a. Enemy Forces. Address the enemy threat to rear areas, including acts of sabotage, guerrilla activities, threats to civilians in the area, and enemy plans regarding civilians.
b. Friendly Forces.
(1) Outline CA plans of higher HQ.
(2) Outline CA plans of higher and adjacent units.
(3) Identify CA resources supporting the unit.
c. Attachments and Detachments. Identify CA resources attached and detached, including effective times if appropriate.
2. MISSION. Include a clear, concise statement of the CA task--who, what, where, when, and why. Prioritize multiple CA tasks. Include a task and a purpose in all mission statements.
3. EXECUTION. Include the following:
a. Commander's CA Intent.
Figure F-1. Format of CA Annex to an OPORD (Continued)
b. Concept of the Operation. Give a brief statement of the CA operation to be carried out, including CA priorities.
c. CA Tasks to Subordinate and Supporting Units.
d. Coordinating Instructions.
(1) Instructions applicable to two or more subordinate units.
(2) Reference to supporting appendixes not referenced elsewhere in the annex.
(3) Additional CA resources available to support the unit.
4. SERVICE SUPPORT.
a. Classes of Supplies Affecting CMO.
b. Supply Distribution Plan for Civilians (If Necessary).
c. Transportation Assets Available to Conduct CMO.
d. Combat Health Support. Include all agencies available to support CMO.
e. Maintenance. Include the location of facilities and the policies regarding the use of those facilities in CMO.
f. Field Services. Include the location of facilities and the policies regarding the use of those facilities in CMO.
g. Host Nation. List the types and location of facilities, assets, or support. List procedures for requesting and acquiring support and limitations or restrictions of HN support (may be in a supporting annex or as a tab).
5. COMMAND AND SIGNAL.
(1) Location of CA command post or CMOC.
(2) Next higher CA command post or CMOC.
(3) Designation of alternate CA command post or CMOC.
b. Signal. Designate CMO reporting requirements for subordinate units.
Last Name of Commander
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|