ACRONYMS AND ABBREVIATIONS
ADP automatic data processing
AF Air Force
AFAP Army Family Advocacy Program
AG Adjutant General
APO Army and Air Force Post Office
AR Army regulation
ASAP alcohol safety action program
AWOL absent without leave
BCC battlefield circulation control
BDU battledress uniform
BEQ bachelor enlisted quarters
BER budget execution review
BIP budget increment package
BMG budget and manpower guidance
BOQ bachelor officers' quarters
CA commercial activities
CMT crisis management team
COB command operating budget
COMMZ communications zone
CONUS continental United States
COR contract officer's representative
CRS Correctional Reporting System
CTA common table of allowances
DA Department of the Army
DCSPER Deputy Chief of Staff for Personnel
DD Department of Defense (forms)
DEH Directorate of Engineering and Housing
DL detail leader
DOC Directorate of Contracting
DOD Department of Defense
DOJ Department of Justice
DPM deputy provost marshal
DRM Directorate of Resource Management
DWI driving while intoxicated
EDD explosives detector dog
EECI essential elements of criminal intelligence
EOC emergency operations center
EOD explosives ordnance disposal
EPW enemy prisoner of war
FACMT Family Advocacy Case Management Team
FAR Federal Acquisition Regulation
FBI Federal Bureau of Investigation
FCF field confinement facility
FDF field detention facility
FM field manual
FY fiscal year
GSA General Services Administration
HGNT horizontal gaze nystagmus test
HN host nation
IAW in accordance with
ICF installation confinement facility
IDS infrared discrimination system
INSCOM United States Army Intelligence and Security Command
ISA interservice support agreement
ITAC Intelligence and Threat Analysis Center
KO contracting officer
LIC low-intensity conflict
LIN line item number
MAC Military Airlift Command
MACOM major Army command
MAD major activity director
MCA Major Construction, Army
MCM Manual for Courts-Martial
MDEP management decision package
MEVA mission essential vulnerable areas
MFR memorandum for record
MI military intelligence
MOS military occupational specialty
MP military police
MPDO military police duty officer
MPFQC Military Police Firearms Qualification Course
MPI military police investigator
MPIS military police investigative supervisor
MPMIS Military Police Management Information Systems
MPR military police report
MSR main supply route
MTOE modification table of organization and equipment
MWD military working dog
NA not applicable
NAC National Agency Check
NATO North Atlantic Treaty Organization
NCIC National Crime Information Center
NCO noncommissioned officer
NCOIC noncommissioned officer in charge
NSN national stock number
OALE Office of Army Law Enforcement
OCIR other criminal intelligence requirement
OCONUS outside continental United States
OIC officer in charge
OMA Operations and Maintenance, Army
OPA Other Procurement, Army
OPSEC operations security
ORS Offense Reporting System
PA public address
PAO Public Affairs Officer
PCS permanent change of station
PDIP program development increment package
PERSCOM Personnel Command
PI protected identities
PM provost marshal
POC point of contact
POM program objective memorandum
POV privately owned vehicle
PPBES planning, programming, budgeting, and execution system
PR&C purchase request and commitment
PRAC program resource advisory committee
PS protective services
PSO personal security officer
QSTAG Quadripartite Standardization Agreement
RMO Resource Management Office
ROI report of investigation
ROTC Reserve Officers' Training Corps
SIR serious incident report
SJA Staff Judge Advocate
SOFA status of forces agreement
SOP standing operating procedure
SOW statement of work
SRT special reaction team
SSAC source selection advisory council
SSN social security number
STANAG Standardization Agreement
TA table of allowance
TAACOM theater army area command
TAADS The Army Authorization Documents System
TASC training and audiovisual support center
TC training circular
TCP traffic control post
TDA table of distribution and allowances
TDY temporary duty
TM technical manual
TMF threat management force
TOA total obligational authority
TOE table of organization and equipment
TRADOC United States Army Training and Doctrine Command
UCMJ Uniform Code of Military Justice
UFR unfinanced requirement
USACA United States Army Correctional Activity
USACIDC United States Army Criminal Investigation Command
USACIL United States Army Criminal Investigation Laboratory
USACRC United States Army Crime Records Center
USADIP United States Army Deserter Information Point
USAREUR United States Army, Europe
USC United States Code
USDB United States Disciplinary Barracks
USSS United States Secret Service
VIP very important person
VRS Vehicle Registration System
- Amnesty box.
- A container into which personnel may place any item, without penalty, before customs processing.
- Antihijack security.
- All measures taken to reduce the risk of hijacking aircraft, with particular attention to the exclusion of weapons from the passenger compartment of an aircraft. (See Air Force Regulation 60-14.)
- Closed evidence voucher.
- An evidence voucher concerning evidence from which final disposition has been made by the custodian.
- Controlled substance.
- A drug or other substance, or immediate precursor thereof, listed in 21 USC 812. General categories included in this section are narcotics, derivatives of the cannabis sativa plant, amphetamines, barbiturates, and hallucinogens.
- Crime control.
- The detection and investigation of crimes and offenses and the apprehension and protection of offenders.
- Crime repression.
- The reduction of crimes and offenses through such measures as patrolling, physical security and crime prevention surveys and inspections, observation of persons and places considered crime-producing, and employment of off-limits procedures to preclude military personnel from participating in activities conducive to crime.
- Criminal complaint.
- An alleged criminal offense reported to or observed by military or civilian police personnel or USACIDC personnel, whether subsequently determined to be founded or unfounded.
- Crisis management team (CMT).
- A team found at a major command or installation level concerned with plans, procedures, techniques, policies, and controls for dealing with terrorism, special threats, or other major disruptions occurring on government installations or facilities. The team considers the local, national, and international implications of major disruptions and establishes contact with the Army Operations Center as the situation escalates, requiring higher level involvement and guidance. Normally at installation level, the CMT is established at or in proximity to the designated emergency operations center.
- Customs exclusion area.
- Clearly defined area into which cleared customs personnel enter before they depart.
- Evidence ledger.
- The bound ledger or record book kept by the evidence custodian to provide double accountability control through cross-reference with the evidence vouchers.
- Evidence voucher.
- The original DA Form 4137 which, upon presentation to the evidence custodian, becomes an evidence voucher.
- Evidence subvoucher.
- A carbon or reproduced copy of the original evidence voucher used to effect the temporary release of evidence for any reason.
- Founded offense.
- A criminal offense that has been proven to have been committed. The determination that a founded offense exists is made by the appropriate police agency and is not dependent upon judicial process.
- High-risk personnel.
- US personnel who, by their grade, assignment, symbolic value, or relative isolation, are more likely to be attractive or accessible terrorist targets.
- Identified offender.
- An individual identified by police action as the subject or perpetrator of a criminal offense.
- Nonintoxicating malt beverage.
- Any alcoholic malt beverage having an alcholic content of less than 3.2 percent by weight.
- Open evidence voucher.
- An evidence voucher concerning evidence for which the evidence custodian has accountability.
- A process in which the parties in conflict are led to consider some specific form of professional counseling service.
- Strategic information.
- Information that has no immediate applicability but may be used in some future investigation or program. Strategic information gathering is a long-range continuous process.
- Tactical information.
- Information that has immediate applicability to the employment of units in combat.
- Total obligational authority (TOA).
- The total financial requirements of the five-year defense program or any component thereof required to support the approved program of a given fiscal year.
- Unfounded offense.
- A criminal complaint in which a determination is made that a criminal offense was not committed or did not occur. The determination is based on police action, not on court-martial or civilian court verdict.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|