29 November 2018 Military News
- UN: Military Operations Killed 25 Civilians in Afghanistan's Helmand Province VOA 29 Nov 2018 -- Military operations against the Taliban in southern Afghanistan killed up to 25 civilians and injured 17 others this week, according to preliminary findings from the U.N. Assistance Mission in Afghanistan.
- Iran calls on world to engage Taliban in 'inclusive' dialogue with Afghan govt. Press TV 29 Nov 2018 -- Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif has called on the international community to engage the Taliban in an "inclusive" dialogue with the Afghan government in a bid to restore peace to the war-torn nation.
Defense Policy / Programs
- Air Force fields next generation CBRN protective masks AFNS 29 Nov 2018 -- In November 2018, the Air Force will complete fielding of an improved chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear protective mask for aircrew on rotary wing aircraft, allowing operational units to achieve full operational capability.
- Texas, Washington Air National Guard participate in Brazilian-led international exercise AFNS 29 Nov 2018 -- Brazil held its multinational air combat exercise CRUZEX VII Nov. 18-30, with participation from the U.S. and six other partner nations.
- Press Gaggle at the Pentagon with Secretary Mattis DoD 29 Nov 2018 -- Presenter: Secretary of Defense James N. Mattis
- Remarks by Secretary Mattis at an Enhanced Honor Cordon and Meeting Welcoming Lithuania Minister of National Defence Karoblis to the Pentagon DoD 29 Nov 2018 -- Secretary Of Defense James N. Mattis; Lithuania Minister of National Defence Raimundas Karoblis
- Remarks by Secretary Mattis at an Awards Ceremony Honoring House Speaker Paul Ryan For His Public Service and Enduring Support of the U.S. Military DoD 29 Nov 2018 -- Secretary Of Defense James N. Mattis; Rep. Paul D. Ryan, R-Wis., Speaker Of The House
- Littoral Combat Group One Arrives in Chile NNS 29 Nov 2018 -- Littoral Combat Group One, comprised of USS Somerset (LPD 25) and USS Wayne E. Meyer (DDG 108), arrived in Valparaiso, Chile, on Nov. 29 where they will participate in festivities celebrating the bicentennial of the Chilean Navy and in the Eleventh International Maritime and Naval Exhibition and Conference for Latin America (EXPONAVAL).
- Future USS Michael Monsoor Departs Naval Station Mayport NNS 29 Nov 2018 -- The Zumwalt-class guided-missile destroyer Pre-Commissioning Unit (PCU) Michael Monsoor (DDG 1001), completed a successful port visit onboard Naval Station Mayport, Florida, Nov. 13-16.
- Future USS Michael Monsoor Departs Naval Station Guantanamo Bay NNS 29 Nov 2018 -- The future USS Michael Monsoor (DDG 1001), the second Zumwalt-class guided-missile destroyer, departed Naval Station Guantanamo Bay after completing a port visit Nov. 19-21.
- US May Scrap Plans for Independent Space Force – Reports Sputnik 29 Nov 2018 -- The Pentagon has spent the past few months rushing to prepare plans for an independent Space Force only to receive whole new marching orders from the White House.
- Three Senior Executives at Defense Contracting Firms Charged with Scheme to Defraud the U.S. Military in Connection with $8 Billion Troop Supply Contract and with Violating the Iran Sanctions Regime US Dept. of Justice 29 Nov 2018 -- Three men were charged in an indictment returned Nov. 27 for their roles in a scheme to defraud U.S. Military contracts in Afghanistan, engaging in illegal commerce in Iran, and laundering money internationally. Their conduct was in connection to two multi-million dollar contracts to provide supplies and logistical support to U.S. troops in Afghanistan.
- Two U.S. Navy vessels transit through Taiwan Strait: Pentagon CNA 29 Nov 2018 -- Two United States Navy vessels conducted a routine transit through the Taiwan Strait Wednesday as part of the U.S. commitment to a free and open Indo-Pacific, the U.S. Department of Defense has confirmed.
- Two US Navy ships pass through Taiwan Strait, defying China Press TV 29 Nov 2018 -- Two US Navy warships have passed through the Taiwan Strait in the third such operation this year, as the US military increases the frequency of transits through the strategic waterway despite opposition from China.
- ''New Russian missile undermines European security'' - Op-ed by NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg NATO 29 Nov 2018
- Russia's Undersea Fleet Poses 'Real Threat' to US – Navy Vice Admiral Sputnik 29 Nov 2018 -- Russia's underwater fleet poses a serious threat to the United States, US Navy Second Fleet Commander Vice Admiral Andrew Lewis said on Wednesday.
- Taiwan seeking to replace aging aircraft fleet CNA 29 Nov 2018 -- Minister of National Defense Yen De-fa (嚴德發) said Thursday that the ministry is seeking to replace its aging fleet of aircraft with a new generation of planes as part of ongoing efforts to enhance air force defense capabilities.
- Morocco - Abrams Tank Enhancement, Support, and Equipment DSCA 29 Nov 2018 -- The State Department has made a determination approving a possible Foreign Military Sale to Morocco of enhancements to one hundred sixty-two (162) Abrams tanks for an estimated cost of $1.259 billion. The Defense Security Cooperation Agency delivered the required certification notifying Congress of this possible sale on November 28, 2018.
- Poland - High Mobility Artillery Rocket System (HIMARS) and Related Support and Equipment DSCA 29 Nov 2018 -- The State Department has made a determination approving a possible Foreign Military Sale to Poland of (20) High Mobility Artillery Rocket System (HIMARS) M142 Launchers, and other related equipment for an estimated cost of $655 million. The Defense Security Cooperation Agency delivered the required certification notifying Congress of this possible sale today.
- US, Saudi Arabia closer to signing $15b deal for THAAD missile system Press TV 29 Nov 2018 -- Saudi Arabia has signed a letter of offer and acceptance with the United States for Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) missile system, taking a significant step toward closing a $15 billion deal, a US State Department spokesperson says.
- Saab Mulls Legal Recourse Against Indo-Russian Deal on Air Defense System Sputnik 29 Nov 2018 -- Konstruktorskoye Byuro Mashynostroyeniya's (KBM) Igla-S was recently declared the lowest bidder for the Indian Army's Very Short Range Air Defence System (VSHORADS) program beating Saab's RBS 70NG and MBDA's Mistraal. The new-generation man-portable missile systems will replace the outdated Igla-M MANPADs the Indian Army presently operates.
- India, UK Begin Anti-Submarine, Anti-Air Warfare Exercise in Arabian Sea Sputnik 29 Nov 2018 -- The British government has started to align more with the Asia Pacific countries in a bid to conclude new trading partnerships in the post-Brexit era. However, limited naval assets pose a major roadblock in this ambition.
- No mischievous act in Hormuz Strait: Commander IRNA 29 Nov 2018 -- Iran's navy commander says nobody will be allowed to commit mischievous acts in Hormuz Strait, which is a 'strategic' region for global energy.
- US: Iran Floods Unstable Regions With Advanced Weaponry VOA 29 Nov 2018 -- The United States is sounding more warnings about Iran's malign activities across the Middle East and beyond, urging countries to take action or risk growing instability and conflict.
- The Iranian Regime's Transfer of Arms to Proxy Groups and Ongoing Missile Development US Dept. of State 29 Nov 2018 -- Special Briefing by Brian Hook, Senior Policy Advisor to the Secretary of State and Special Representative for Iran
- State Department Advisor: Iran's Military Tentacles Expanding in Region AFPS 29 Nov 2018 -- Iran's missiles and other weapons being exported to proxies pose a "clear and present danger" to civilians and regional stability, the special representative for Iran and senior policy advisor to the secretary of state said today.
- High-tech sub to join navy: Cmdr IRNA 29 Nov 2018 -- A high-tech submarine, made by Iranian experts, will join the navy fleet in a few months, said the commander of the Iranian navy.
- Two new submarines join Iran's naval fleet Press TV 29 Nov 2018 -- Two Ghadir-class submarines capable of launching subsurface-to-surface missiles, torpedoes and mines have joined Iran's naval fleet.
- Iranian Navy Adds Two New Subs to Fleet Sputnik 29 Nov 2018 -- The Iranian navy has commissioned and acquired two Ghadir-class diesel-electric submarines to enhance Iranian naval operations in waterways such as the Persian Gulf, according to Iran's state TV.
- US Accuses Iran of Launching Missile Capable of Reaching Europe Sputnik 29 Nov 2018 -- According to the State Department, Tehran is producing several types of missiles that threaten US partner countries in the Middle East and jeopardise American forces in the region.
- U.S. Accuses Iran Of Violating UN Arms Export Ban, Says Iranian Threat Growing RFE/RL 29 Nov 2018 -- The U.S. has accused Iran of stepping up violations of a UN ban on arms exports by increasingly supplying weapons to militant groups across the Middle East and continuing its missile program.
- Turkey, Russia will not use dollar for S-400 deal, says Erdogan Press TV 29 Nov 2018 -- Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan says Ankara will pay either in ruble or lira for the advanced Russian-built S-400 air defense missile system, regardless of strong opposition from the United States and warnings that Turkey should not buy the anti-aircraft platform.
- National Currencies to Be Used in Russia-Turkey Settlements on S-400 Deliveries Sputnik 29 Nov 2018 -- The settlements between Moscow and Ankara on the deliveries of the Russian S-400 air defence systems to Turkey will be carried out with the use of national currencies, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said on Thursday.
- Beijing Warns Tokyo Against Modifying Ships to Carry F-35s Sputnik 29 Nov 2018 -- A Chinese news agency responding to Japan's reported decision to retrofit the JS Izumo helicopter carrier to carry F-35B fighter jets said "making an aggressive move like this may drive the country to repeat its militaristic history."
- Japan May Get Its First Aircraft Carrier, Allegedly Violating Constitution Sputnik 29 Nov 2018 -- Tokyo is considering upgrading its Izumo-class helicopter destroyers in order to accommodate fighter jets, The Nikkei reported Tuesday. The news came amid other reports issued by Japanese media outlets that Japan is planning to announce a hefty purchase of American F-35 stealth fighter jets.
- Norway Still in the Dark About What Led to Frigate Collision Sputnik 29 Nov 2018 -- At the time of the collision, on November 8, the frigate KMN Helge Ingstad was formally under NATO command, as it was returning from the rounded-off Trident Juncture drill, an all-encompassing NATO military exercise, the biggest since the end of the Cold War.
- Pakistan unveils new anti-submarine system IRNA 29 Nov 2018 -- Pakistan has unveiled newly-developed anti-submarine weapon 'Depth Charge Mark-II MOD3' for Pakistan Navy.
- Remarks by President Trump Before Marine One Departure The White House 29 Nov 2018
- Live at State With Ambassador Deborah L. Birx, U.S. Global Aids Coordinator and U.S. Special Representative For Global Health Diplomacy US Dept. of State 29 Nov 2018 -- Special Briefing by Deborah L. Birx, M.D., U.S. Global AIDS Coordinator & U.S. Special Representative for Global Health Diplomacy
- Department Press Briefing - November 29, 2018 US Dept. of State 29 Nov 2018
- 29 November 2018 - Daily Press Briefing by the Office of the Spokesperson for the Secretary-General United Nations 29 Nov 2018
- Guterres: UN Working Hard to Ensure Peace Talks for Yemen VOA 29 Nov 2018 -- U.N. Secretary-General Antonio Guterres says the U.N. is working hard to ensure peace talks on Yemen before the end of the year.
- US Senate Advances Resolution to End Support for Yemen War Sputnik 29 Nov 2018 -- The US Senate Foreign Relations Committee passed a resolution on Wednesday to end US support for the Saudi coalition's war against Yemen.
- United States Announces Emergency Food Assistance for Yemen US Dept. of State 29 Nov 2018 -- This week, Secretary of State Michael R. Pompeo announced the United States is providing nearly $131 million in additional emergency food assistance to the people of Yemen, who are suffering from the world's largest humanitarian crisis and food-security emergency. This brings the total U.S. humanitarian assistance for the Yemen response to more than $697 million since the beginning of Fiscal Year 2018.
- Yemeni army hits Saudi camp in Najran with salvo of ballistic missiles Press TV 29 Nov 2018 -- Yemeni army forces, backed by allied fighters from Popular Committees, have hit a military camp in Saudi Arabia's southern Najran region with a number of domestically-manufactured high-precision ballistic missiles in retaliation for the kingdom's campaign of military aggression against the impoverished nation.
- Yemen peace talks 'meaningless' amid incessant Saudi-led attacks: Ansarullah Press TV 29 Nov 2018 -- The spokesman and chief negotiator for the Yemeni Houthi Ansarullah movement has described participation in the next round of UN-sponsored peace talks in Sweden as "meaningless" amid incessant airstrikes by Saudi Arabia and its allies against the impoverished Arab country.
- UN aid chief calls for end to Saudi war on Yemen Press TV 29 Nov 2018 -- The UN aid chief has appealed for a halt to fighting in Yemen amid intense diplomacy to end the ongoing Saudi aggression that has pushed millions to the brink of famine.
- Astana 11 affirms preservation of Syria's sovereignty, territorial integrity IRNA 29 Nov 2018 -- The guarantor states of the Astana process (Iran, Russia and Turkey) reiterated their strong commitment to the sovereignty, independence, unity and territorial integrity of Syria and the continuation of the fight against terrorism.
- Syria shoots down 'Israeli war plane' near Damascus Press TV 29 Nov 2018 -- The Syrian military has shot down an Israeli war plane and four missiles over the country's southern region, reports say.
- Iran, Russia, Turkey vow to preserve Syria's sovereignty Press TV 29 Nov 2018 -- The guarantor states of the Astana peace process have ended their 11th round of talks in the Kazakh capital, reiterating their strong commitment to Syria's sovereignty and territorial integrity.
- UN Syria Envoy Calls Astana Talks On Syria 'Missed Opportunity' RFE/RL 29 Nov 2018 -- The UN envoy to Syria, Staffan de Mistura has called the last Syria peace talks of the year in Astana, a "missed opportunity" for the Syrian people, as talks in the Kazakh capital ended without results.
- Syrian Air Defences Down 'Hostile Targets' Over Country's South - Reports Sputnik 29 Nov 2018 -- Syrian air defences have downed several "hostile targets" over the country's southern region, Syrian news agency SANA reported. A Syrian security source reported that the air defences downed an Israeli combat plane and four missiles. Israeli military has refuted the claims about the downing.
- No Breakthrough at Astana Meeting US Dept. of State 29 Nov 2018 -- The latest "Astana group" meeting on Syria did not yield an agreed list of members for the Syrian Constitutional Committee and thus failed to produce progress toward advancing the political process in this tragic conflict.
- Security Council urged to help spare Syrians from 'devastation' UN News 29 Nov 2018 -- An escalation in fighting across northern Syria illustrates the "fragility" of the situation in the war-torn region, a senior UN humanitarian official said on Thursday, urging sustained international efforts to protect millions trapped there, from "devastation."
- New Syria fighting represents 'giant powder keg', warns aid veteran, as he leaves UN stage UN News 29 Nov 2018 -- It is unclear if rockets fired into the Syrian city of Aleppo last weekend contained chemical toxins, a senior humanitarian adviser to the UN said on Thursday, adding that if they did, it would constitute a war crime.
- UN Official: Global War on Terror Disregards Suffering of Syrian People VOA 29 Nov 2018 -- Senior U.N. Advisor of the Special Envoy for Syria, Jan Egeland, accused the international community of cruelly disregarding the suffering of the Syrian people and failing to protect them in the name of waging a war against terror.
- Top Hashd al-Sha'abi cmdr., four aides killed in Iraq's Diyala bomb attack Press TV 29 Nov 2018 -- A senior commander of the pro-government Popular Mobilization Units has been killed in a bomb attack in Iraq's eastern province of Diyala as government troops and allied fighters are engaged in joint counter-terrorism operations across the crisis-hit Arab country to flush out the last remnants of the extremist outfit.
- Ukrainian President Seeks NATO Support in Russia Dispute VOA 29 Nov 2018 -- Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko is asking NATO allies to send naval ships to the Sea of Azov to aid his country and "provide security" amid tensions with Russia.
- Trump Cancels Meeting With Putin At G20 Due To Ukraine Crisis RFE/RL 29 Nov 2018 -- U.S. President Donald Trump says he is cancelling a meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin due to take place during the upcoming summit for the Group of 20 (G20) industrialized nations in Argentina, over Russia's seizure of Ukrainian vessels.
- Unknown Number Of Captured Ukrainian Sailors Transferred To Moscow, Say Lawyers RFE/RL 29 Nov 2018 -- An unknown number of 24 sailors from three Ukrainian naval vessels captured by Russia in the Sea of Azov last weekend have been transferred to a detention center in Moscow, one of their lawyers says.
- Ukraine Says Only Its Citizens Will Be Allowed To Travel To Crimea RFE/RL 29 Nov 2018 -- Ukraine's border service has said that it will only allow Ukrainian citizens to travel to Crimea following the imposition of martial law.
- Russia-Ukraine confrontation in Kerch Strait adds uncertainties to regional stability People's Daily 29 Nov 2018 -- A spike in tensions between Russia and Ukraine around the Kerch Strait could inflame a volatile situation in the region and incur more Western sanctions against Moscow.
- Russia deploys S-400 air defense missile systems in Crimean Peninsula Press TV 29 Nov 2018 -- Russia has deployed a new battalion of its advanced S-400 air defense missile system on the Crimean Peninsula amid a standoff with Ukraine.
- Ukraine accuses Russia of seeking 'to rebuild empire' Press TV 29 Nov 2018 -- Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko has accused Russian President Vladimir Putin of planning to rebuild "the old Russian Empire" in the midst of tensions between Kiev and Moscow over the seizure of three Ukrainian vessels in Russia's territorial waters in the Sea of Azov.
- Kiev Claims Kerch Strait Provocation Meant to Show Capabilities of Its Vessels Sputnik 29 Nov 2018 -- Kiev has sent naval ships to the Kerch Strait to signal its presence in the region and demonstrate the capabilities of its vessels, Ukrainian Navy Commander Ihor Voronchenko said on Thursday.
- Ukraine to Ask Turkey to Close Bosphorus to Russian Ships Amid Kerch Strait Rift Sputnik 29 Nov 2018 -- Earlier in the day, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said he had discussed the possibility of mediating the crisis between Russia and Ukraine following a violation of Russia's maritime border by Ukrainian warships.
- Fourth S-400 Battalion Deployed Near Ukraine to Protect Crimea – Black Sea Fleet Sputnik 29 Nov 2018 -- The fourth battalion of Russia's S-400 Triumph air defence missile systems has been put into active service in Crimea near the border with Ukraine, Russian Black Sea Fleet Information Department Head Alexey Rulev said.
- Introduction of Martial Law in Ukraine's Regions Enters Into Force Sputnik 29 Nov 2018 -- The law on the imposition of martial law in 10 regions of Ukraine was published on 28 November in the governmental newspaper Uryadovy Kuryer, thus officially entering into force.
- New Report Accuses Uganda of Sending Arms to South Sudan VOA 29 Nov 2018 -- A new report accuses Uganda of diverting European weapons into South Sudan, circumventing a European Union arms embargo on the conflict-ridden country.
- Cameroon Activates Village Militias VOA 29 Nov 2018 -- Cameroon has reactivated village militias on its northern border with Nigeria after twin suicide bombings Wednesday wounded 29 people. Authorities say the bombers were Boko Haram terrorists who crossed over from Nigeria. It is hoped the armed locals can prevent further attacks.
- Armed groups threaten every child in Central African Republic, UNICEF warns UN News 29 Nov 2018 -- A new study released by the UN Children's Fund, UNICEF, shows that the deteriorating crisis in the Central African Republic (CAR), five years into the latest civil conflict to hit the country, has left practically every child needing protection from armed groups, which now control four-fifths of the country's territory.
- Cohen Guilty Plea Latest Twist in Mueller Probe of Russian Meddling VOA 29 Nov 2018 -- When U.S. President Donald Trump recently provided the special counsel with written answers about his knowledge of Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential election, his lawyers said it was time for the investigation to end.
- Trump's Ex-Lawyer Admits Lying To Congress In Russia Probe RFE/RL 29 Nov 2018 -- The longtime personal lawyer for President Donald Trump admitted he lied to Congress about the timing and extent of his discussions with unnamed Russian officials about a proposed Trump-branded development in Moscow.
- Lawsuits Seek Details of CIA Cover Ups, Public Opinion Campaigns - Rights Group Sputnik 29 Nov 2018 -- The family of Gul Rahman, who was tortured to death in CIA custody 16 years ago, seeks to discover what happened to the body, according to the first of two lawsuits filed against the spy agency by the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) on Thursday.
- US Asked DPRK to Change Negotiator in Denuclearization Talks - Reports Sputnik 29 Nov 2018 -- Washington has asked Pyongyang to change its chief negotiator in the denuclearization talks, Kim Yong Chol, who is the vice chairman of the Central Committee of the North Korean ruling Workers' Party, for Foreign Minister Ri Yong Ho amid the deadlock in the negotiations, media reported on Thursday.
- Iran to send 3 satellites to space: Deputy DefMin IRNA 29 Nov 2018 -- In the coming few months, Iran will send three satellites to the space, said deputy defense minister on Thursday.
- Iran bank rejects US claims of illegal money transfer to Iraq Press TV 29 Nov 2018 -- The Bank Melli Iran (BMI) has dismissed a claim by US Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) that it has been funneling "billions of dollars" to its Iraqi branch in order to fund militias.
- US Lawmaker Accuses China of Genocide in Treatment of Uighur Muslims VOA 29 Nov 2018 -- A U.S. congressman is calling on President Donald Trump to raise the issue of China's mass internment of Muslim ethnic minorities when he meets with Chinese President Xi Jinping later this week.
- Study: China Engaging in Wide Campaign to Influence American Life VOA 29 Nov 2018 -- A new study by longtime China experts in the U.S. has concluded that Beijing is engaging in an increasingly aggressive campaign to influence and shape perceptions about China held by American politicians, university scholars and students, as well as executives at major corporations.
- Canada sanctions 17 Saudis linked to Khashoggi's 'extrajudicial' murder Press TV 29 Nov 2018 -- Canada on Thursday imposed sanctions against 17 Saudi nationals linked to the "abhorrent and extrajudicial" murder of dissident journalist Jamal Khashoggi.
- US Cabinet members defend close ties with Saudis, lawmakers unswayed Press TV 29 Nov 2018 -- Two senior US Cabinet members have urged senators not to downgrade relations with Saudi Arabia over the murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi, but members of Congress from both political parties said they could not ignore reports that Saudi's de facto ruler, Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, was involved in last month's killing.
- Pompeo: No Direct Link to Crown Prince in Khashoggi Death VOA 29 Nov 2018 -- The U.S. Senate voted 63-37 Wednesday to move forward legislation seeking an end to U.S. involvement in the Saudi-led war in Yemen. The vote is mostly a signal to the administration because House Republican leaders have not indicated they will take up the measure.
- PSLV-C43 successfully launches earth observation satellite HysIS and 30 foreign satellites PIB 29 Nov 2018 -- The Indian Space Research Organisation's (ISRO) Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV-C43) successfully launched 31 satellites from Satish Dhawan Space Centre (SDSC) today in Sriharikota.
- India's First Hyper-Spectral Imaging Satellite Reaches Earth's Orbit Sputnik 29 Nov 2018 -- With this, India has entered into a select group of countries having mastery in hyper-spectral imaging technology. The satellite will start sending images 5 days after launch. HysIS involves state-of-the-art technology which will be used for distinct identification of objects, material, or processes on the Earth.
- S. Korea successfully test-launched locally developed rocket ARIRANG 29 Nov 2018 -- According to the Ministry of Science and ICT and Korea Aerospace Research Institute, the engine fully-combusted for one-hundred-fifty-one seconds, eleven seconds longer than what the team considers a successful run.
- Taiwan authorities urged to lift barriers People's Daily 29 Nov 2018 -- The Chinese mainland will expand exchanges with Taiwan if the island removes obstacles hindering cross-Straits communications, a mainland spokesman said on Wednesday after many newly elected county and city heads said they expect more cooperation with the mainland to boost their economy.
- EU Says Kosovo's Tariff On Serbia, Bosnia 'Only Complicates Situation' RFE/RL 29 Nov 2018 -- The European Union's foreign-policy chief, Federica Mogherini, has urged Kosovo to rescind a 100 percent tax on imports from Serbia and Bosnia-Herzegovina, saying the measure "only complicates the situation further."
- Zurabishvili Wins Georgian Presidential Election With 59.52% of Votes - Results Sputnik 29 Nov 2018 -- Elections Competitive Despite Irregularities
- Madagascar: UN chief commends nation on first round of peaceful elections UN News 29 Nov 2018 -- The results of the first round of voting to choose Madagascar's next President were announced on Wednesday, prompting the UN chief to commend the peaceful nature of the vote, which now moves to a second round run-off next month.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|