04 November 2018 Military News
- Taliban Militants Capture Military Base in Central Afghanistan - Reports Sputnik 04 Nov 2018 -- Militants of the Taliban* radical movement have captured a joint Afghan National Army (ANA) and police forces base in Afghanistan's central Uruzgan province, the Pajhwok news agency reported Sunday.
Defense Policy / Programs
- US Military Reportedly Concerned It Won't Be Able to 'Repel Iran's Missiles' Sputnik 04 Nov 2018 -- Unnamed military sources, quoted by The Washington Post, have expressed alarm over Iran's unpredictable reaction to US economic and diplomatic pressure.
- Secret Report Accuses UK Defense Ministry of Five Nuclear Safety Breaches Sputnik 04 Nov 2018 -- The UK Defense Ministry has received a reprimand from its internal watchdog for five nuclear safety breaches, Scotland-based investigative journalism platform The Ferret reported on Sunday.
- US, Japan Plan Armed Response to "Chinese Threat" to Disputed Islands – Reports Sputnik 04 Nov 2018 -- Japan and the United States are currently holding the biggest joint drills in Japanese history, Keen Sword, having reportedly mobilized about 57,000 marines, sailors, and airmen.
- Iraq Blasts U.S. For Statements On Iranian-Backed Militias RFE/RL 04 Nov 2018 -- The Iraqi Foreign Ministry has issued a rare rebuke of its American ally, asserting that a U.S. Twitter posting concerning neighboring Iran "goes beyond diplomatic norms" and represents an "interference" in Iraq's internal affairs.
- Iran Reportedly Turns Off Oil Tanker Tracking Systems as US Sanctions Loom Sputnik 04 Nov 2018 -- Analysts at a watchdog that monitors global oil shipments have revealed that they have been utterly exhausted from trying to track Iran's oil exports amid a looming US embargo on the petrochemical sector.
- Khashoggi's Body Dismembered, Transported in Five Suitcases – Turkish Media Sputnik 04 Nov 2018 -- The Saudi prosecutor-general acknowledged last week that the murder of Jamal Khashoggi, a Washington Post columnist, was premediated, while the Istanbul prosecutor said that his corpse had been dismembered and destroyed after he was strangled inside the Saudi Consulate General.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|