14 July 2018 Military News
Defense Policy / Programs
- Mattis Reaffirms 'Unbreakable' Bond, Enduring Commitment to Europe AFPS 14 Jul 2018 -- Defense Secretary James N. Mattis reaffirmed the "unbreakable trans-Atlantic bond" between the United States and Europe and underscored the enduring U.S. commitment to peace and prosperity on the continent during the U.S.-Adriatic Charter defense minister's meeting yesterday in Zagreb, Croatia.
- Secretary of Defense James N. Mattis' Meeting with Norway Minister of Foreign Affairs Ine Eriksen Søreide DoD 14 Jul 2018 -- Presenter: Secretary of Defense James N. Mattis
- Secretary of Defense James N. Mattis' Meeting with Frank Bakke-Jensen, Norway Minister Of Defense DoD 14 Jul 2018 -- Presenter: Secretary of Defense James N. Mattis; Frank Bakke-Jensen, Norway Minister Of Defense
- Lavrov Says Summit Will Be Success If Communications Reopened RFE/RL 14 Jul 2018 -- Russia's foreign minister has said the July 16 summit between U.S. President Donald Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin could be considered successful if it leads to a reopening of communications channels between the two countries.
- White House Rejects Calls To Cancel Putin Summit After Russian Indictments RFE/RL 14 Jul 2018 -- The White House is rejecting calls from leading members of Congress to cancel a U.S.-Russian presidential summit in the wake of indictments that for the first time charge the Russian government with directly interfering in the 2016 presidential election.
- British Police Find Bottle Containing Novichok In Amesbury Victim's Home RFE/RL 14 Jul 2018 -- British counterterrorism police say they believe they have found the source of the Novichok nerve agent that killed a woman in southwest England and made her partner critically ill.
- Iran's Rohani Pledges 'Perseverance' In Face Of Looming U.S. Sanctions RFE/RL 14 Jul 2018 -- Iranian President Hassan Rohani has said the United States is "more and more isolated" on the matter of sanctions against his country.
- Iran's Velayati Rejects Trump Suggestion To Make Deal To Ease Sanctions RFE/RL 14 Jul 2018 -- A top adviser to Iranian Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has rejected U.S. President Donald Trump's suggestion that Iran seek a deal with the United States to ease the economic "pain" of looming sanctions.
- U.S. Lifts Ban On ZTE Over Alleged Iran Sanctions Violations RFE/RL 14 Jul 2018 -- The U.S. Department of Commerce on July 13 lifted a ban on U.S. companies selling equipment to Chinese telecom giant ZTE, allowing the company to resume business.
- Chinese Businesses Present Africa with Untapped Opportunities VOA 14 Jul 2018 -- Infrastructure and trade dominate news about China's involvement in Africa.
- Russia Protests Expulsion Of Envoys For 'Meddling' In Greece- Macedonia Name Dispute RFE/RL 14 Jul 2018 -- Russia has summoned the Greek ambassador in Moscow to protest Athens' expulsion of two Russian diplomats accused of trying to block Greece's landmark agreement settling a name dispute with Macedonia.
- Pakistan: UN strongly condemns terrorist attack that leaves scores dead and wounded at election rally UN News 14 Jul 2018 -- The United Nations Security Council has strongly condemned the terrorist attack in south-west Pakistan that killed more than 120 people and left scores wounded at an election rally Friday.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|