26 March 2018 Military News
- OIF / OND / OEF / OIR / OFS Casualty Update 26 Mar 2018 [PDF]
Defense Policy / Programs
- Mattis Welcomes Indonesia's Foreign Minister to Pentagon AFPS 26 Mar 2018 -- Defense Secretary James N. Mattis welcomed Indonesian Foreign Minister Retno Marsudi to the Pentagon today for a meeting to discuss areas of mutual interest to their nations.
- Remarks By Secretary Mattis at an honor cordon welcoming Indonesia Minister of Foreign Affairs Retno Marsudi to the Pentagon DoD 26 Mar 2018 -- Presenter: Secretary of Defense James N. Mattis
- Theodore Roosevelt Carrier Strike Group Returns to 7th Fleet NNS 26 Mar 2018 -- The Theodore Roosevelt Carrier Strike Group (TRCSG), led by Carrier Strike Group (CSG) 9, returned to the U.S. 7th Fleet area of operations (AOO) as part of its regularly scheduled deployment.
- Michael Murphy Begins Joint Patrols in Oceanic Region NNS 26 Mar 2018 -- USS Michael Murphy (DDG 112) and the U.S. Coast Guard began joint maritime security patrols designed to reduce and eliminate illegal fishing in the Western Pacific, March 26.
- Continuing Promise 2018 Completes Mission Stop in Honduras NNS 26 Mar 2018 -- The Continuing Promise 2018 (CP-18) team departed Honduras, March 26, after delivering humanitarian aid for the first mission stop of CP-18.
- Fourth Ship to be Named USS Indianapolis During Crest Unveiling NNS 26 Mar 2018 -- Rear Adm. Sean Buck, commander U.S. Naval Forces Southern Command/U.S. 4th Fleet, representing the U.S. Navy, Indianapolis Mayor Joe Hogsett, and the ship's sponsor Jill Donnelly, unveiled the crest for the newest addition to the Littoral Combat Ship (LCS) community, USS Indianapolis (LCS 17), March 23.
- US, UK, Japan Begin Health Engagements in Yap for Pacific Partnership 2018 NNS 26 Mar 2018 -- The Pacific Partnership 2018 medical team from the U.S., United Kingdom and Japan began the first of more than a dozen health engagements in Yap, Federated States of Micronesia at Nimgil Clinic and Yap Memorial Hospital, March 22-23.
- Chinese air force conducts high-sea training People's Daily 26 Mar 2018 -- The People's Liberation Army (PLA) Air Force recently conducted a high-sea training mission in the West Pacific and a joint combat patrol mission in the South China Sea, an air force spokesperson confirmed Sunday.
- Chinese military aircraft again fly close to Taiwan: MND CNA 26 Mar 2018 -- Several Chinese military aircraft were seen flying Monday over the Bashi Channel, which lies between Taiwan and the Philippines, as part of a long-range flight training mission in the Western Pacific, the Ministry of National Defense (MND) said that day.
- Readout of the Trilateral Meeting of the National Security Advisors of the United States of America, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates The White House 26 Mar 2018
- Press Briefing by Principal Deputy Press Secretary Raj Shah The White House 26 Mar 2018
- 26 March 2018 - Daily Press Briefing by the Office of the Spokesperson for the Secretary-General United Nations 26 Mar 2018
- UN renews push for political solution as Yemen marks three years of all-out conflict UN News 26 Mar 2018 -- Three years after a Saudi-led coalition intervened in the Yemen war, and hours after reports that Houthi rebels fired missiles at cities in Saudi Arabia, United Nations Secretary-General António Guterres on Monday said military escalation is not the solution and urged restraint on all sides.
- Syria Army discovers tunnel network in Eastern Ghouta IRNA 26 Mar 2018 -- Syrian Arab Army units found on Monday several tunnels as they were working to secure locals and boost stability in Hazza town in Eastern Ghouta area in Damascus Countryside province.
- UN chief urges Myanmar's leaders to take 'unified stance' against hatred in the country UN News 26 Mar 2018 -- A united Nations spokesman said Monday that Secretary-General António Guterres is shocked at reports of remarks attributed to Myanmar Senior General U Min Aung Hlaing.
- At Security Council, UN Middle East peace envoy reports on Israel's troubling settlement expansion UN News 26 Mar 2018 -- Reporting that over the past three months, Israel has advanced 22 plans for some 1,200 housing units for one area of the West Bank, a United Nations envoy warned Monday that such ongoing settlement expansion is eroding the prospect of a two-state solution to the long-standing Middle East conflict.
- Holding Russia Accountable for Its Destabilizing Behavior US Dept. of State 26 Mar 2018 -- "On March 4, Russia used a military-grade nerve agent to attempt to murder a British citizen and his daughter in Salisbury."
- U.S. House Speaker Says White House Made 'Right Call' To Expel Russian Diplomats RFE/RL 26 Mar 2018 -- The speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives said President Donald Trump made the "right call" in deciding to expel dozens of Russian diplomats in response to the poisoning of a Russian ex-spy on British soil.
- US has informed UN of decision to expel Russian diplomats UN News 26 Mar 2018 -- A United Nations spokesman confirmed on Monday that the world body was aware of the announcement by the United States Government of its decision to take action against certain Russian diplomats in the US.
- Readout of President Donald J. Trump's Call with Prime Minister Justin Trudeau of Canada The White House 26 Mar 2018
- Background Press Call by Senior Administration Officials on the Expulsion of Russian Intelligence Officers The White House 26 Mar 2018
- Statement from the Press Secretary on the Expulsion of Russian Intelligence Officers The White House 26 Mar 2018
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|