24 March 2018 Military News
Defense Policy / Programs
- Bonhomme Richard Completes Unit-level Training, Arrives in Okinawa NNS 24 Mar 2018 -- The forward-deployed amphibious assault ship USS Bonhomme Richard (LHD 6) arrived at White Beach Naval Facility, Okinawa, March 22, following a week of unit-level training at sea.
- Carl Vinson Completes Bilateral Exercise with Japan NNS 24 Mar 2018 -- The Carl Vinson Strike Group completed a bilateral exercise in the Western Pacific with the Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force (JMSDF), March 23.
- Lincoln Completes 3MA NNS 24 Mar 2018 -- The Nimitz-class aircraft carrier USS Abraham Lincoln (CVN 72) completed Material Maintenance Management Assessment (3MA), March 19-21.
- John C. Stennis Returns to Sea NNS 24 Mar 2018 -- USS John C. Stennis (CVN 74) departed Naval Base Kitsap-Bremerton, March 24.
- Syrian army now controls 90 pc of Eastern Ghouta IRNA 24 Mar 2018 -- The Syrian army has taken control of 90 percent of Eastern Ghouta, according to the so called Syrian Observatory for Human Rights based in London.
- Syrian Army, Aided By Russia, Regains Control Over Most Of Damascus Suburb RFE/RL 24 Mar 2018 -- Syrian rebel fighters have evacuated one enclave in eastern Ghouta and reached a Russian-brokered deal to leave another, enabling Syrian government forces to regain control over most of the embattled Damascus suburb, observers say.
- Iran Criticizes U.S. Sanctions Over Hacking Scheme RFE/RL 24 Mar 2018 -- Iran has criticized new U.S. sanctions against 10 of its citizens and an Iranian company over their alleged involvement in a state-sponsored large-scale hacking and intellectual property theft scheme.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|