04 June 2016 Military News
Defense Policy / Programs
- Counter-ISIL Strikes Hit Terrorists in Syria, Iraq AFPS 04 Jun 2016 -- U.S. and coalition military forces continued to attack Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant terrorists in Syria and Iraq yesterday, Combined Joint Task Force Operation Inherent Resolve officials reported today.
Defense Policy / Programs
- Carter, Admirals Take Questions on China at Shangri-La Dialogue AFPS 04 Jun 2016 -- Defense Secretary Ash Carter and two of his senior naval officers today responded to reporters' questions about China during the 15th annual International Institute for Strategic Studies Asia Security Summit, known as the Shangri-La Dialogue, in Singapore.
- Carter Outlines 'Principled Network Security' Actions for Asia-Pacific AFPS 04 Jun 2016 -- Defense Secretary Ash Carter today outlined a vision for principled, networked security in the Asia-Pacific during remarks at the 15th annual International Institute for Strategic Studies Shangri-La Dialogue, a major forum which draws regional and world leaders to Singapore.
- Carter, Asia-Pacific Leaders Discuss Regional Security Issues AFPS 04 Jun 2016 -- Defense Secretary Ash Carter met with several defense leaders from Asia-Pacific nations today in Singapore during the Shangri-La Dialogue, a major annual forum for key leaders in the Asia-Pacific region to discuss security challenges and opportunities. They discussed various issues related to mutual security and cooperation in the region, according to several DoD news releases.
- Readout of Secretary Carter's meeting with Japanese Minister of Defense Gen Nakatani DoD 04 Jun 2016
- Readout of Secretary Carter's meeting with Indian Defense Minister Manohar Parrikar DoD 04 Jun 2016
- Readout of Secretary Carter's meeting with Malaysian Minister of Defense Hishammuddin Hussein DoD 04 Jun 2016
- U.S., Republic of Korea, Japan Trilateral Defense Ministers' Meeting Joint Press Statement DoD 04 Jun 2016 -- U. S. Secretary of Defense Ash Carter, Republic of Korea Minister of National Defense Han Min-koo, and Japan Defense Minister Gen Nakatani held a productive and substantive meeting in Singapore on June 4 to discuss the regional security environment including the North Korean threat and trilateral defense cooperation among the United States, the Republic of Korea, and Japan.
- Remarks by Secretary Carter and Q&A at the Shangri-La Dialogue, Singapore DoD 04 Jun 2016 -- Presenter: Secretary of Defense Ash Carter
- Joint Press Conference with Secretary Carter, Adm. Harris and Adm. Richardson at the Shangri-la Dialogue, Singapore DoD 04 Jun 2016 -- Secretary of Defense Ash Carter; Admiral Harry Harris, U.S. Pacific Command commander; Admiral John Richardson, chief of naval operations
- Pakistan defence budget increased by 11 percent IRNA 04 Jun 2016 -- Pakistan has increased its annual defence budget by 11 percent for the 2016-17 fiscal year.
- President reaffirms self-reliant national defense for Taiwan CNA 04 Jun 2016 -- President Tsai Ing-wen (蔡英文) reaffirmed her administration's determination to push for a self-reliant national defense force when she boarded a domestically built warship off Yilan in eastern Taiwan Saturday.
- Vietnam tells China warships welcome in one of its harbors People's Daily 04 Jun 2016 -- Senior defense officials attending a high-profile security forum echoed China's call for nations to properly tackle disputes in the South China Sea while maintaining peace and stability.
- U.S., Russia In Dispute Over Strikes On Syrian Al-Qaeda Branch RFE/RL 04 Jun 2016 -- A behind-the-scenes dispute between the United States and Russia broke into the open on June 3, with Moscow claiming Washington asked it not to target Al-Qaeda's branch in Syria with air strikes.
- Armenia genocide useful blackmail opportunity against Turkey: Erdogan Press TV 04 Jun 2016 -- Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan says charges that the Ottoman Empire committed genocide against the Armenians are being used to "blackmail" Turkey.
- Erdogan: Armenian Issue Used To 'Blackmail' Turkey RFE/RL 04 Jun 2016 -- Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan says charges Ottoman Turks committed genocide against Armenians a century ago are being used as "blackmail" against Turkey.
- Iran strongly reacts to US annual report on terrorism IRNA 04 Jun 2016 -- Foreign Ministry Spokesman Hossein Jaberi Ansari in a statement on Saturday night underlined that unlike the US, Iran has proved in practice to be the most serious and effective force to confront and fight terrorism.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|