05 December 2015 Military News
- Military Strikes Hit ISIL Terrorists in Syria, Iraq AFPS 05 Dec 2015 -- U.S. and coalition military forces have continued to attack Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant terrorists in Syria and Iraq, Combined Joint Task Force Operation Inherent Resolve officials reported today.
- Update: air strikes in Iraq and Syria UK MOD 05 Dec 2015 -- British forces have continued to conduct air operations in the fight against Daesh
Defense Policy / Programs
- Dunford Says All in Military Will Work to Fully Integrate Women AFPS 05 Dec 2015 -- Following Defense Secretary Ash Carter's announcement Dec. 3 that all military specialities would be open to women, it is the responsibility of all in the military to ensure that the integration process is done well, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff said today.
- Background Briefing on Secretary Kerry's Travel to Paris US Dept. of State 04 Dec 2015
- Press Briefing by Press Secretary Josh Earnest, 12/4/2015 The White House 04 Dec 2015
- December 4, 2015 - U.S. Department of State Daily Press Briefing US Dept. of State 04 Dec 2015
- Syrian army establishes full control over areas in Aleppo and Lattakia IRNA 05 Dec 2015 -- The Syrian army on Saturday went ahead in its war against terrorist organizations, establishing full control on new areas in Aleppo and Lattakia main cities.
- Iraqi Leader Demands Withdrawal of Turkish Troops Near Mosul RFE/RL 05 Dec 2015 -- Iraqi Prime Minister Haidar al-Abadi has condemned Turkey's movement of troops into northern Iraq near Mosul to train Iraqi forces fighting the Islamic State (IS) group, and demanded their immediate withdrawal.
- Obama Vows U.S. 'Will Not Be Terrorized' After California Shooting RFE/RL 05 Dec 2015 -- U.S. President Barack Obama has vowed federal investigators will uncover what motivated a married couple in California to shoot and kill 14 people.
- AEOI chief: Time has come for utilizing nuclear achievements IRNA 05 Dec 2015 -- Iran has left behind the critical stage by terminating fabricated and unnecessary nuclear challenge, preparing the ground to utilize nuclear achievements, head of the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran (AEOI) Ali-Akbar Salehi said on Saturday.
- Divided OPEC Braces For Flood Of Iranian Crude RFE/RL 05 Dec 2015 -- Stiff Iranian opposition to any attempt to rein in its oil production has left the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) divided and unable to agree on a plan of action..
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|