04 December 2015 Military News
- Anti-ISIL Strikes Continue in Syria, Iraq AFPS 04 Dec 2015 -- U.S. and coalition military forces have continued to attack Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant terrorists in Syria and Iraq, Combined Joint Task Force Operation Inherent Resolve officials reported today.
- Simultaneous Operations Put Pressure on ISIL, Centcom Official Says AFPS 04 Dec 2015 -- Increased simultaneous pressure by U.S.-led coalition and indigenous force operations is creating a cumulative operational weakening of the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant, U.S. Central Command spokesman Air Force Col. Pat Ryder said today.
Defense Policy / Programs
- Navy to Commission Littoral Combat Ship Jackson DoD 04 Dec 2015-- The Navy will commission its newest Independence-variant littoral combat ship, USS Jackson (LCS 6), during a 10 CST ceremony Saturday, Dec. 5 in Gulfport, Mississippi.
- British jobs secured through upgrade to nuclear deterrent UK MOD 04 Dec 2015 -- Two Royal Navy nuclear deterrent submarines have reached key programme milestones.
- 4 December 2015 - Daily Press Briefing by the Office of the Spokesperson for the Secretary-General United Nations 04 Dec 2015
- Russia Expanding Second Syrian Air Base Near IS-Held Areas RFE/RL 04 Dec 2015 -- Russia is expanding an air base in Homs Province in western Syria to accommodate its fighter jets, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights has said.
- Reports of abuses by Iraqi, Kurdish forces against Sunni Arabs increasing, UN rights office says UN News 04 Dec 2015 -- Reports of human rights abuses against Sunni Arabs by Iraqi and Kurdish security forces in parts of Iraq reclaimed from the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) are increasing, ranging from looting to extra-judicial killings, senior United Nations officials said today.
- Fresh fighting in South Sudan forces thousands to flee into remote eastern DR Congo UN News 04 Dec 2015 -- More than 4,000 people have fled to a remote region of eastern Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) due to recent fighting between local groups, known as the 'Arrow Boys' and the South Sudanese Army in the Western Equatoria region of South Sudan, the United Nations refugee agency said today.
- Background Briefing on ISIL and Oil US Dept. of State 04 Dec 2015
- U.S. Investigating California Shooting As Terror Act RFE/RL 04 Dec 2015 -- U.S. law enforcement officials said they are investigating the December 2 shooting at a California social services agency that killed 14 people and wounded 21 others as an act of terrorism.
- Russia, Iran, Iraq Quash Reported Bid To Cut Oil Output RFE/RL 04 Dec 2015 -- Russia, Iran, and Iraq have quashed a plan reportedly being eyed by Saudi Arabia to lift sagging global oil prices through collective cuts in oil output.
- Ensuring fundamental freedoms vital to peaceful elections in Venezuela - UN rights experts UN News 04 Dec 2015 -- Voicing concerns over deteriorating restrictions on freedoms of expression, association and assembly in Venezuela, United Nations human rights experts today called on the Government to guarantee the safety of all individuals and their peaceful participation in the parliamentary elections, set for this Sunday.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|