06 September 2015 Military News
- Statement on Iraq conducting its first counter-ISIL air operations using F-16 fighter aircraft DoD 06 Sep 2015
- Iraq's F-16 fighter jets start military ops against Daesh Press TV 06 Sep 2015 -- Iraq’s F-16 fighter jets have commenced air raids against terrorists’ positions since early September, the country’s air force says.
- Military Airstrikes Continue Against ISIL in Syria, Iraq AFPS 06 Sep 2015 -- U.S. and coalition military forces have continued to attack Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant terrorists in Syria and Iraq.
Defense Policy / Programs
- Russian Coast Guard Acquires State-of-the-Art Helicopters Sputnik 06 Sep 2015 -- Russia's Federal Security Service (FSB) has announced plans to buy at least six light multirole Ka-226T helicopters for its Coast Guard.
- China's military committed to reform People's Daily 06 Sep 2015 -- The overhaul of the military has reached a point of no return as measures to shake up structure, revise attitudes and adjust interests are already set in motion.
- Kerry Tells Lavrov U.S. Concerned Over Reports Of Russian Military Move In Syria RFE/RL 06 Sep 2015 -- U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry has expressed concern over reports of "an imminent Russian military buildup" in Syria in a September 5 telephone conversation with his Russian counterpart, Sergei Lavrov.
- S. Sudan Rebels to Ratify Peace Deal Tuesday VOA 06 Sep 2015 -- South Sudan’s rebel leader says his group will ratify the recently signed peace agreement on Tuesday as part of efforts to restore peace and end the country’s nearly two year long conflict.
- On Iran Nuclear Pact, Undecided Senators Dwindling VOA 06 Sep 2015 -- As U.S. lawmakers prepare to return to Washington from a month-long recess, a flurry of senators have announced their positions on the international nuclear accord with Iran.
- From Syria to Europe, Refugees Say There’s 'No Choice' VOA 06 Sep 2015 -- All of Syria's neighbors have closed their borders hoping to contain the war, but they cannot stop the tide of refugees coming out, draining their economies.
- Europe Braces for New Wave of Refugees VOA 06 Sep 2015 -- Europe is preparing for a new wave of refugees as word filters back to others that the passage through Hungary is now easier.
- Tajik Forces Continue Hunt For Renegade Former Deputy Minister RFE/RL 06 Sep 2015 -- Tajikistan's security forces are searching for a renegade former deputy minister and his followers.
- Thailand's Military-led Legislature Rejects Draft Charter, Delaying New Elections VOA 06 Sep 2015 -- Thailand's path back to democracy sustained a major setback Sunday when the military-backed legislature rejected a proposed new constitution, delaying the general elections until sometime in 2017.
- Tokyo lifts evacuation order for radiation-hit town of Naraha Press TV 06 Sep 2015 -- Japan has lifted an evacuation order for the northeastern town of Naraha that has been in place since the 2011 Fukushima nuclear disaster.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|