The Largest Security-Cleared Career Network for Defense and Intelligence Jobs - JOIN NOW

Military

Iran Press TV

Yemeni forces launch missile attack on Saudi army base

Iran Press TV

Aug 12, 2015 10:6PM

The Ansarullah fighters of the Houthi movement and Yemeni army forces have launched a retaliatory missile attack on a Saudi military base in the country's southwest.

Yemeni forces launched 10 Grad missiles at the Khawbah military base in Jizan, Yemen's al-Masirah television network reported late on Wednesday.

Earlier in the day, the Ansarullah forces destroyed a Saudi military vehicle and killed several soldiers during an attack on the Jalah military site in Jizan.

According to Yemeni sources, several rockets were also fired at some other Saudi military positions in the southwestern Najran region, including an army camp and a border guard unit.

Yemeni forces launch such attacks on southern Saudi territories in retaliation for Riyadh’s aggression on the country since late March.

Late on Wednesday, Saudi forces attacked the Ghamar district in Yemen’s northwestern Sa'ada province, and Saudi jets pounded the al-Ashraf area in the central Ma’rib province.

At least two children were also killed in an attack by militia loyal to the former Yemeni regime on a residential area in the southwestern Ta'izz province.

The attack followed another assault that killed at least five civilians and injured a child in Sa’ada.

On Tuesday, Peter Maurer, the head of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), warned of the grave humanitarian crisis in Yemen, which has been under heavy bombardment by Saudi warplanes for more than four months. The ICRC chief said Yemen is “crumbling” under a deepening crisis, which is nothing short of catastrophic.

The UN says the Saudi war on Yemen has killed over 4,000 people, nearly half of them civilians, since late March. Local Yemeni sources, however, put the fatality figure at a much higher number.



NEWSLETTER
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list