29 August 2015 Military News
Defense Policy / Programs
- Coalition Airstrikes Continue Against ISIL Terrorists in Syria, Iraq AFPS 29 Aug 2015 -- U.S. and coalition military forces have continued to attack Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant terrorists in Syria and Iraq.
- Turkish Jets Join US-Led Coalition With Airstrikes Against IS VOA 29 Aug 2015 -- Turkish fighter jets have carried out their first airstrikes as part of the U.S.-led coalition against the Islamic State group in Syria.
- Turkey strikes Syria as part of US-led 'anti-ISIL' coalition Press TV 29 Aug 2015 -- Ankara says it has launched its first airstrikes in Syria as part of the US-led coalition allegedly targeting the Daesh Takfiri terrorists.
Defense Policy / Programs
- Media Availability with Secretary Carter at the National Full-Scale Aerodynamics Complex, Mountain View, California DoD 29 Aug 2015
- DARPA's Next Generation Drone Will Launch and Land on Moving Airplanes Sputnik 29 Aug 2015 -- The Pentagon's research and development agency wants to design a fleet of drones that could self-launch from a larger plane before swarming enemy aircraft.
- State-of-the-Art Russian Warship Enters Open Sea for Drills Sputnik 29 Aug 2015 -- The sophisticated Russian frigate Admiral Grigorovich, which was specifically built for the Black Sea Fleet, is currently undergoing sea trials in the Baltic Sea water zone.
- Kurdish forces liberate seven Iraqi villages from Daesh Press TV 29 Aug 2015 -- Kurdish Peshmerga fighters have managed to retake seven villages in the northern part of Iraq from Daesh militants as they continue to push the terrorists back from the area.
- France: Hollande, Merkel, Putin Back Truce Plan For Eastern Ukraine RFE/RL 29 Aug 2015 -- The French Presidency says France, Germany, and Russia back plans for a complete cease-fire in eastern Ukraine from next week.
- White House Criticizes Ukraine Separatist Plans For Local Elections RFE/RL 29 Aug 2015 -- U.S. Vice President Joe Biden is criticizing pro-Russian separatists in Ukraine for threatening to take more territory and hold their own elections.
- Implementation of S. Sudan Peace Agreement Begins VOA 29 Aug 2015 -- The first phase of South Sudanís peace agreement signed between the government and the rebels to end the 20-month conflict goes into effect Saturday.
- South Sudan govt. accuses rival forces of truce violation Press TV 29 Aug 2015 -- The South Sundanese government has accused forces loyal to former Vice President Riek Machar of attacking its forces in a key northeastern town in violation of a recent ceasefire.
- Iranís Rohani Opposes Parliament Vote On Nuclear Deal RFE/RL 29 Aug 2015 -- Iranian President Hassan Rohani has opposed a parliamentary vote on a landmark nuclear agreement with world powers.
- North Korea Agrees to Talks on Reunions VOA 29 Aug 2015 -- North Korea's Red Cross has agreed to working-level talks with its South Korean counterpart to discuss a resumption of reunions for Korean families separated by the Korean War six decades ago.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|