UNITED24 - Make a charitable donation in support of Ukraine!

Military

Iran Press TV

More Yemenis fall victim to unabated Saudi airstrikes

Iran Press TV

Thu Jul 2, 2015 2:47PM

Five more people have been killed and several others wounded in new Saudi airstrikes in northern Yemen, as the impoverished Arab country struggles to cope with the deadly attacks in the holy month of Ramadan.

Yemen's al-Masirah TV said Thursday that three civilians were killed in an airstrike on a residential building in Hay al-Nahzah District in the capital, Sana'a.

Similar attacks hit other districts including Hamdan, Faj Atan and Zahban. Injuries were also reported.

Further north to Sa'ada Province, Saudi warplanes targeted a residential area in al-Tala' District in the city of Sahar, killing at least two people among several injuries.

Saudi Arabia has been attacking different areas in Yemen since late March, without any authorization from the United Nations and heedless of international calls for the cessation of its deadly campaign against the Arabian Peninsula country.

According to the United Nations, over 2,600 Yemeni people have been killed and at least 11,000 others injured in the Saudi airstrikes.

The attacks continue despite repeated calls by international organizations on the regime in Riyadh to halt the strikes during the fasting month of Ramadan.

Yemenis advance against al-Qaeda

In a separate development, the forces of the Houthi Ansarullah movement and the allied army units continued to make gains against militants south of the country, with reports saying a military base in the port city of Aden was liberated from al-Qaeda linked terrorists.

The report by al-Masirah said allied forces stormed into the 31st Brigade military camp in Bir Ahmad District in Aden, securing the military zone and recapturing the weaponry and military equipment that had been in militants' possession over the past months.

MS/HSN/HMV



NEWSLETTER
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list