22 August 2014 Military News
- Romania air base replaces Transit Center Manas AFNS 22 Aug 2014 -- "It's so green here," is often the first words uttered from service members as they step off an Air Force C-17 Globemaster III after arriving from Afghanistan or other deployed locations.
- Moody AFB to support Afghan pilot, maintainer training mission AFNS 22 Aug 2014 -- The Air Force recently completed its environmental analysis and has selected Moody Air Force Base here as the stateside training location for Afghan A-29 pilots and maintainers.
Defense Policy / Programs
- Department of Defense Press Briefing by Admiral Kirby in the Pentagon Briefing Room DoD 22 Aug 2014
- Remarks at Osan Air Force Base Troop Call in the Republic of Korea DoD 22 Aug 2014
- Remarks by Deputy Secretary Work and Japanese Parliamentary Senior Vice Minister of Defense Takeda in a Press Conference in Tokyo, Japan DoD 22 Aug 2014
- DoD Registers Concern to China for Dangerous Intercept AFPS 22 Aug 2014 -- The Defense Department has expressed its concern to Chinese diplomatic officials about an Aug. 19 incident in which an armed Chinese fighter jet conducted a dangerous intercept of a U.S. Navy P-8 Poseidon patrol aircraft.
- Kunsan Airmen prowl sky over Alaska AFNS 22 Aug 2014 -- Airmen assigned to the 80th Fighter Squadron stationed at Kunsan Air Base, South Korea, arrived at Eielson Air Force base here a few days late, but wasted no time in catching up with the rest of Red Flag-Alaska 14-3.
- NATO Secretary General condemns entry of Russian convoy into Ukraine NATO 22 Aug 2014
- Russian convoy's crossing border into Ukraine is provocation – Yatseniuk Interfax-Ukraine 22 Aug 2014 -- Ukrainian Prime Minister Yatseniuk doesn't rule out that the fact that Russia's humanitarian convoy has crossed the border into Ukraine is a provocation.
- Pakistan's Political Turmoil Again Shines Spotlight on Military VOA 22 Aug 2014 -- Thousands of protesters calling for Pakistan’s Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif to step down continue to camp out in front of the parliament in Islamabad.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|