The Largest Security-Cleared Career Network for Defense and Intelligence Jobs - JOIN NOW

Military

Suicide Bomber Kills 18 in Afghanistan

RIA Novosti

16:05 20/06/2012 MOSCOW, June 20 (RIA Novosti) - A suicide bomb attack in eastern Afghanistan on Wednesday left 18 people dead and injured 35 others, Xinhua reported.

The bomber riding a motorcycle blew himself up near a military convoy in the city of Khost 150 kilometers southeast of the capital Kabul.

"Eleven dead bodies and 15 injured have been taken to Civil Hospital in Khost city," the head of the civilian hospital in Khost, Abdul Majid, told Xinhua.

Earlier reports said 10 civilians were killed and 16 wounded.

Earlier this month, the Taliban claimed responsibility for an attack on a U.S. base in the province in which a U.S. soldier and an Afghan civilian were killed, NATO said.



NEWSLETTER
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list