OEM Defense Services is launched - an innovative company dedicated to Military Aerospace equipment support
17 June 2008
Paris, Eurosatory, 17 June 2008 – Diehl Aerospace, Liebherr Aerospace, Safran, Thales and Zodiac have today signed an agreement to create a company called OEM Defence Services.
The new company will provide armed forces with innovative through-life support solutions for their aerospace equipment.
Operating within a European framework in close partnership with users, OEM Defence Services will improve the competitiveness of equipment support by streamlining the global maintenance supply chain. In this way the company will be able to make commitments to users in terms of parts availability, in the same way as the civil aviation services sector.
The creation of OEM Defence Services coincides with:
- the entry into service of new aircraft developed within European cooperation programmes, such as the NH90 and Tiger helicopters and soon the A400M military transport aircraft;
- the budgetary constraints faced by armed forces today.
The joint company will be fully operational in a few weeks, once legal formalities are complete.
Notes to editors:
OEM Defence Services comprises the support of a wide range of equipment, developed and produced by the following OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) companies:
- Diehl Aerospace GmbH(1)
- Liebherr Aerospace, Liebherr Aerospace Toulouse SAS(1), Lindenberg GmbH
- Safran Group: Messier-Bugatti, Messier-Dowty, Messier Services, Sagem Défense Sécurité(1), Technofan
- Thales Group(1)
- Zodiac Group: Zodiac Services Europe SAS(1), Intertechnique SAS, ECE, IN-LHC, AVOX Systems, IN-Services SA, Precilec
(1) OEM Defence Services shareholders
About Diehl Aerospace
Diehl Aerospace develops innovative avionics solutions for cockpit display system, flight management system, cabin systems, utilities as well as for engines command system. These systems are embedded on civil and military platforms such as Airbus, Boeing, Embraer, Bell, Eurocopter, the NH90, the Tiger, the Eurofighter, the Tornado and the A400M.
Press contact: Christian Below - Tél: +49 69 58 05 16 39 - Email: email@example.com
Liebherr-Aerospace SAS, Toulouse (France) is one of nine divisional control companies in the Liebherr Group and coordinates all activities in the aerospace and transportation system sectors. Liebherr is a leading supplier of systems for the aviation industry and has more than four decades of experience in this field. The range of aviation equipment produced by Liebherr for the civil and military sectors includes flight control and actuation systems, hydraulic systems, landing gear and air management systems. These systems are deployed in wide-bodied aircraft, commuter and regional aircraft, business jets, combat aircraft, military transporters, military training aircraft, civil helicopters and combat helicopters. Liebherr's aerospace and transportation systems division employs around 3,400 people and has three aviation equipment production plants at Lindenberg (Germany), Toulouse (France) and Guaratinguetá (Brazil). These production sites offer a worldwide service with additional customer service centers in Saline (Michigan/USA), Seattle (Washington/USA), Montreal (Canada), Singapore, Shanghai (People's Republic of China), Wuhan (People's Republic of China) and Moscow (Russia).
Press contact: Ute Braam - Tel: +49 83 81 46 44 03 - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
SAFRAN is an international high-technology group, primarily operating in the aerospace (propulsion and equipment), defense and security markets. The SAFRAN Group generates over 12 billion euros in annual sales and has 63,000 employees worldwide. Through this global presence SAFRAN not only enhances its competitiveness, but also builds industrial and commercial relations with the world's leading prime contractors and operators, and provides local services to customers around the world. SAFRAN operates through more than 100 companies with prestigious brand names and holds, alone or in partnership, world or European leadership positions in its core markets.
Press contact: Jocelyne Terrien - Tel: +33 (0)1 40 60 80 28 - Email: email@example.com
Thales is a leading international electronics and systems group, addressing defence, aerospace and security markets worldwide. Thales' leading-edge technology is supported by 22,000 R&D engineers who offer a capability unmatched in Europe to develop and deploy field-proven mission-critical information systems. To this end, the group's civil and military businesses develop in parallel and share a common base of technologies to serve a single objective: the security of people, property and nations. The group builds its growth on its unique multi-domestic strategy based on trusted partnerships with national customers and market players, while leveraging its global expertise to support local technology and industrial development. Thales employs 68,000 people in 50 countries with 2007 revenues of €12.3 billion.
Press contact: Natasha Harvey - Tel: +33 1 34 81 40 50 - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Zodiac is a global entity involved in a diverse range of high tech businesses, Zodiac also bases its business growth on selection of dynamic markets and world leadership in its main business segments:
- Aerosafety Systems - World leader in emergency evacuation slides, helicopter floats, flexible fuel cells and de-icing systems, wiring protection and electrical interconnect systems, emergency arresting systems, protection and parachute systems.
- Aircraft Systems - World-recognized specialist in high-tech equipment and systems for essential flight functions. World leader in oxygen systems. Top manufacturer of fuel and electrical power management systems.
- Cabin Interiors - Passenger and crew seats, integrated cabin systems and equipment, floor-to-floor interiors. World leader in cabin interiors and systems, passenger seats and integrated water and waste systems.
- Zodiac Services (Starting September 1st 2008) will manage aftermarket activities for most of the aerospace products of the Zodiac group.
Press contact: Rémi Stelescot - Tel: +33 1 41 23 25 55 - Email: email@example.com
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|