15 June 2008 Military News
- Coalition Forces, Iraqi Forces Capture Terrorists, Seize Weapons AFPS 15 Jun 2008 -- Coalition and Iraqi forces captured suspected terrorists and seized several weapons caches across Iraq during the past three days, military officials said.
- PRESS CONFERENCE: Iraqi Ministry of Defense Operational Update, June 15, 2008 MNF-I 15 Jun 2008 -- Maj. Gen. Mohammed al-Askari, spokesman for the Iraqi Ministry of Defense, provides an operational update, discussing security operations in Basra and Mosul, and readiness development of the Iraqi Army
- Afghanistan: Karzai Threatens Retaliation Against Taliban In Pakistan RFE/RL 15 Jun 2008 -- Afghan President Hamid Karzai said today that Kabul reserves the right to strike Taliban insurgents on Pakistani soil as a form of self-defense against cross-border attacks
- Afghan President Threatens Raids into Pakistan VOA 15 Jun 2008 -- Afghanistan's President Hamid Karzai has threatened to send troops into neighboring Pakistan to fight militants that have been launching cross-border attacks in his country
- Forces Kill, Detain Insurgents During Operations in Afghanistan AFPS 15 Jun 2008 -- Afghan National Army and coalition forces killed more than 15 insurgents yesterday in Kandahar province during a search for escaped prisoners from Kandahar City, military officials said.
Defense Policy / Programs
- DESRON 40, Peruvian Navy Submarine Force Kick Off Silent Forces Exercise 2008 Navy NewsStand 15 Jun 2008 -- U.S. Navy forces teamed up with their Peruvian Navy counterparts June 12, to begin the bilateral anti-submarine warfare (ASW) exercise, Silent Forces Exercise (SIFOREX) 2008.
- Technology Propels Navigators into 21st Century Training Navy NewsStand 15 Jun 2008 -- With a $3.5 million price tag, the Norfolk Navigation, Seamanship, and Shiphandling Trainer (NSST) opened June 9 after a ribbon cutting ceremony presided over by Rear Adm. Kevin Quinn, commander, Naval Surface Force Atlantic (SURFLANT).
- Convergence of Sea Power and Cyber Power Vision Discussed at Oklahoma City Navy Week Navy NewsStand 15 Jun 2008 -- Engineering students and faculty from University of Oklahoma (OU) and Oklahoma State University (OSU) were briefed on the Convergence of Sea Power and Cyber Power vision for the year 2030 during Oklahoma City Navy Week, June 11-12.
- Press Gaggle by Dana Perino and National Security Advisor Stephen Hadley The White House 15 Jun 2008
- Rice: Israeli Settlements Have 'Negative Effect' on Peace Talks VOA 15 Jun 2008 -- America's top diplomat is in the Middle East trying to get the peace process back on track
- Joint Force to Deploy in Sudan's Disputed Oil-Rich Region VOA 15 Jun 2008 -- Officials in Sudan say a joint north-south military force will begin deploying to the disputed oil-rich region of Abyei on Monday.
- Chad Rebels Vow to Push on Despite Peacekeepers VOA 15 Jun 2008 -- Rebels in Chad are vowing to push on their latest offensive against the Chadian government, despite recent altercations with European peacekeepers
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|