26 April 2008 Military News
- April 25 airpower summary: A-10s take it to the enemy AFPN 26 Apr 2008
- Afghanistan: Taliban Evolves Into Network Of Groups RFE/RL 26 Apr 2008 -- When the Taliban began its rapid rise to power in Afghanistan in 1994, the vast majority of its members were young students of the Koran recruited from hundreds of madrasahs set up at Afghan refugee camps in Pakistan
- Afghan President Says Fight Should Be Taken to Pakistan VOA 26 Apr 2008 -- Afghanistan's president, Hamid Karzai, is urging U.S. forces to stop arresting suspected Taliban members and sympathizers in his country, saying that approach discourages militants from laying down their arms.
Defense Policy / Programs
- Turkey Launches New Attacks Against PKK Rebels in Iraq VOA 26 Apr 2008 -- Turkish forces have launched a series of air strikes in northern Iraq, targeting fighters of the Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK).
- Palestinian President Says No Progress Made on Mideast Peace VOA 26 Apr 2008 -- Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas has told the Associated Press that no progress was achieved during his recent meeting with U.S. President George Bush on the mideast peace process.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|