29 March 2008 Military News
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- Two MND-B Soldiers attacked by IED
- March 28 airpower summary: C-130s support coalition forces AFPN 29 Mar 2008
Defense Policy / Programs
- Seabees Play Integral Part in Balikatan 2008 Navy NewsStand 29 Mar 2008 -- Seabees from Naval Mobile Construction Battalion (NMCB) 5 and Underwater Construction Team (UCT) 2 participated in school construction and renovation projects as part of Balikatan 2008, which ended March 14.
- Serial Number Tracking Now Possible in OTS Navy NewsStand 29 Mar 2008 -- A new, improved version of One Touch Support (OTS) that adds Serial Number Tracking (SNT) for repairable items was released March 27.
- CNSF Officers Participate in NSBE Conference Navy NewsStand 29 Mar 2008 -- Commander, Naval Surface Forces (CNSF) provided sponsorship for eight surface warfare officers (SWO) to attend the National Society of Black Engineers' (NSBE) 34th annual national convention in Orlando, March 19-23.
- UK cannot fight Iraq, Afghan wars forever, defence secretary warns IRNA 29 Mar 2008 -- British Defence Secretary Des Browne emphasised Saturday that the West must seek diplomatic and military solutions in Iraq and Afghanistan, including reaching out to extremist groups.
- Iran: Russia, China Unlikely To Welcome Tehran Into SCO RFE/RL 29 Mar 2008 -- After meeting Tajik President Emomali Rahmon in Dushanbe last week, Iranian Foreign Minister Manuchehr Mottaki announced that Rahmon has promised to support Tehran's bid to become a member of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO).
- Lockheed Martin Team Awarded $766M AMF JTRS Contract to Provide Tactical Communications and Networking Solutions Lockheed Martin 29 Mar 2008 -- Lockheed Martin [NYSE: LMT] announced today that it has been selected by the Joint Tactical Radio System (JTRS) Joint Program Executive Office to provide the tactical communications and networking solutions for the Air Force, Army, Navy and other users
- Turkish Military: 15 Kurdish Rebels Killed in Northern Iraq VOA 29 Mar 2008 -- Turkey's military says 15 Kurdish rebels have been killed in Turkish attacks on suspected rebel targets in northern Iraq.
- Rice Meets Olmert as New Mideast Peace Mission Begins VOA 29 Mar 2008 -- United States Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice has arrived in Israel, Saturday, on a new Middle East peace mission
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|