09 March 2008 Military News
- PRESS CONFERENCE: Operational Update: Rear Adm. Smith, Maj. Gen. Allardice, March 9, 2008 MNF-I 09 Mar 2008 -- Rear Adm. Greg Smith, director of Multi-National Force - Iraq's Communication Division and Maj. Gen. Robert Allardice, commander, Coalition Air Force Transition Team, provide an operational update and discuss the progress of equipping and training the Iraqi Air Force
- Coalition Forces Train To Keep Sea Lanes Open Navy NewsStand 09 Mar 2008 -- U.S., U.K. and Kuwait forces completed a mine countermeasures exercise (MCMEX) March 6 in the Persian Gulf.
- USS Cleveland: Afloat Forward Staging Base in the Gulf Navy NewsStand 09 Mar 2008 -- Amphibious transport dock USS Cleveland (LPD 7) completed first-time Interaction Patrols (IPATS) by integrating the use of a landing craft utility (LCU) with air assets during a recent series of exercises in the Persian Gulf.
Defense Policy / Programs
- Pakistani Opposition Parties Form Coalition Government VOA 09 Mar 2008 -- Two rival opposition political parties in Pakistan have agreed to form a governing coalition after emerging on top in last month's national election
- Myanmar: UN envoy holds talks with senior Government ministers UN News Centre 09 Mar 2008 -- Continuing his latest mission to promote democratization and national reconciliation in Myanmar, the Secretary-General's Special Adviser today met with senior Government ministers in Yangon.
- Zapatero's Socialists Win In Spain Elections VOA 09 Mar 2008 -- Spain's Socialist Party led by Prime Minister Prime Minister Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero is claiming victory in Sunday's parliamentary election
- Malaysian Prime Minister Faces Calls for Resignation VOA 09 Mar 2008 -- Malaysian Prime Minister Abdullah Badawi is facing calls for his resignation, after his ruling coalition lost critical ground to opposition parties in general elections
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|