01 January 2008 Military News
- Soldier dies from non-combat-related injury (Qayyarah)
- Dec. 31 airpower summary: B-1Bs deliver punch AFPN 01 Jan 2008
- Future Afghan Leaders Ask Tough Questions, Graduate PRT Seminar Navy NewsStand 01 Jan 2008 -- Political science students tend to ask tough questions and it is no different at the University of Khost in Afghanistan. What is new is those answering the questions.
Defense Policy / Programs
- Seabee Change of Camp on Guam Marks Strategic Realignment Navy NewsStand 01 Jan 2008 -- In order to provide more robust support to DOD mission-critical demands in Southwest Asia and Afghanistan, 86 Seabees from Naval Mobile Construction Battalion (NMCB) 1, turned over their deployment reins on Dec. 21 to NMCB 5, after only three months on station in Guam.
- Indonesia Air Force's Sukhois ready for weaponry equipment IRNA 01 Jan 2008 -- The Indonesian Air Force (TNI AU) is now ready to install weaponry systems in four of its Sukhoi jet-fighters, TNI AU Commander Vice Marshal Subandrio said here on Monday.
- Lankan PM says no compromise over economic development with LTTE IRNA 01 Jan 2008 -- Sri Lankan Prime Minister Ratnasiri Wickramanayake today said government will not compromise on economic development of the country despite rebel attacks and hoped that the war with LTTE will be won during 2008.
- KENYA: Post-poll violence a 'national disaster', says Red Cross IRIN 01 Jan 2008 -- Kenya is in the throes of a humanitarian "national disaster" amid post-election violence that has left scores dead, tens of thousands displaced beyond reach of immediate assistance and many more destined to be dependent on aid for several months to come, according to the Red Cross.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|