30 December 2007 Military News
- MND-B Soldier dies of non-combat related injuries
- PRESS CONFERENCE: Operational Update, Rear Adm. Smith, Dec. 30, 2007 MNF-I 30 Dec 2007 -- Rear Adm. Gregory Smith, director of Multi-National Force -Iraq's Communications Division, provides an operational update
- Dec. 29 airpower summary: A-10s provide close-air support AFPN 30 Dec 2007
- US Military Continues Push to Quash al-Qaida in Iraq VOA 30 Dec 2007 -- U.S. military efforts to quash the al-Qaida in Iraq terrorist network are showing signs of success in some areas
Defense Policy / Programs
- Critical Incident Stress Management Course Held Aboard Ponce Navy NewsStand 30 Dec 2008 -- Deployments can be difficult. Months spent away from family and friends are hard for anyone. Sometimes the dangers associated with a military deployment can cause stress related issues to plague returning Sailors and Marines.
- In farewell remarks, top UN envoy expresses hope, concern for Afghanistan UN News Centre 30 Dec 2007 -- Tom Koenigs, the outgoing Secretary-General's Special Representative for Afghanistan, today voiced both hope for the strife-torn nation which is moving forward, but expressed concern for the country's security situation.
- Red Cross Distributes Aid to Thousands Displaced by Fighting in Eastern Congo VOA 30 Dec 2007 -- The International Committee of the Red Cross has begun distributing essential items to more than 500 displaced families who have taken refuge in South Kivu in the eastern part of the Democratic Republic of Congo
- Belarus leader Lukashenko threatens to "kick out" U.S. ambassador RIA Novosti 30 Dec 2007 -- Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko threatened U.S. ambassador Karen Stewart with expulsion from the country should Washington introduce new sanctions against the republic.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|