27 October 2007 Military News
Defense Policy / Programs
- MND-N unit attacked (Salah ad Din)
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- Oct. 26 airpower summary: Shows of force deter enemy AFPN 27 Oct 2007
- US Military: Coalition Forces Capture Senior Militia Extremist in Iraq VOA 27 Oct 2007 -- The U.S. military says coalition forces have captured a senior militia extremist and killed two others during operations in Diyala province north of Baghdad.
- HSC-85, Always Ready for the Call of Duty Navy NewsStand 27 Oct 2007 -- Sailors assigned to the "High Rollers" of Helicopter Sea Combat Support (HSC) 85 continue putting their firefighting skills to use, working hand-in-hand with the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (Cal Fire) for the fourth consecutive day to combat the Southern California wildfires.
- Navy's Task Force Bulldozer Supports San Diego Firefighting Efforts Navy NewsStand 27 Oct 2007 -- Amphibious Construction Battalion (ACB) 1 deployed Task Force Bulldozer, Oct. 26, in support of the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection's (Cal Fire) firefighting efforts in San Diego County.
- Ronald Reagan's 'Crisis Action Team' Credited for Successful Communication During San Diego Wildfires Navy NewsStand 27 Oct 2007 -- As the smoke begins to clear over the San Diego area and military personnel return to their primary duties, USS Ronald Reagan's (CVN 76) Crisis Action Team (CAT) is being credited for providing timely and critical information about the wildfires to more than 3,000 Sailors and their family members.
Defense Policy / Programs
- USS La Jolla Conducts Change of Command Ceremony Navy NewsStand 27 Oct 2007 -- USS La Jolla (SSN 701) conducted a change of command ceremony here Oct. 25.
- Successful Missile Defense Intercept Test Takes Place Near Hawaii Missile Defense Agency 27 Oct 2007 -- Lieutenant General Henry "Trey" Obering, Missile Defense Agency director, announced today that an important test of the Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) element of the Ballistic Missile Defense System was successfully completed at approximately 3:15 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time today (approximately 9:15 p.m. Friday Hawaii Standard Time), resulting in the intercept of a ballistic missile target at the Pacific Missile Range Facility off the island of Kauai in Hawaii
- Lockheed Martin's THAAD Weapon System Conducts Successful Exo-Atmospheric Interceptor Test Lockeed Martin 27 Oct 2007 -- Lockheed Martin [NYSE: LMT] and the U.S. Missile Defense Agency (MDA) conducted a successful exo-atmospheric test of the Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) Weapon System at the Pacific Missile Range Facility (PMRF) on Kauai, HI.
- Turkey says military option still on table to fight Kurd rebels RIA Novosti 27 Oct 2007 -- Turkey said on Sunday that a military option was still on the table to deal with Iraq-based separatist Kurdish rebels.
- At start of landmark Darfur talks, top UN officials urge dialogue to spur peace UN News Centre 27 Oct 2007 -- At the start of historic United Nations-backed talks to bring peace to Sudan's war-ravaged Darfur region, top officials from the world body underscored that dialogue - not war - is the only means to find a sustainable and comprehensive solution to the crisis.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|