30 September 2007 Military News
Defense Policy / Programs
- MND-B unit targeted during combat operations
- Press Briefing: Rear Adm. Mark Fox and Brig. Gen. Mark Gurganus, Sept. 30, 2007 MNF-I 30 Sep 2007 -- Rear Admiral Mark I. Fox, Communications Division chief for Multi-National Force - Iraq, and Brig. Gen. Mark Gurganus, Ground Combat Element commander for Multi-National Force - West, provide an operational update from the Combined Press Information Center in Baghdad, Iraq, on Sept. 30, 2007
- Sept. 29 airpower summary: airlift is backbone of OEF, OIF AFPN 30 Sep 2007 -- Coalition airpower supported coalition ground forces in Iraq and the International Security Assistance Force in Afghanistan during operations Sept. 29, according to Combined Air and Space Operations Center officials here.
- 13th MEU Returns to BHR Expeditionary Strike Group Navy NewsStand 30 Sep 2007 -- The 13th Marine Expeditionary Unit (MEU) Special Operations Capable (SOC) completed its return to the USS Bonhomme Richard (LHD 6) (BHR), USS Denver (LPD 9) and USS Rushmore (LSD 47) Sept. 28, after conducting combat operations in Iraq for nearly four months.
- Iraqi, Coalition Forces Continue to Pound Enemy Fighters AFPS 30 Sep 2007 -- Coalition and Iraq forces continued taking the fight to the enemy in a variety of recent operations.
- Taleban Rejects Karzai's Peace Talks Offer VOA 30 Sep 2007 -- The Taleban says it will never talk peace with the Afghan government as long as foreign troops remain in the country.
- US DEA Chief Says Cooperation Needed to Stop Afghan Narco-Terrorism VOA 30 Sep 2007 -- The head of the United States Drug Enforcement Agency has praised Pakistan as a model for eradicating drug production
- Afghanistan Operations Disrupt Extremist Plans AFPS 30 Sep 2007 -- Afghan and coalition forces detained two suspected militants in Afghanistan's Paktika province, and Afghan National Police detained an improvised explosive device maker in Nangarhar province today.
Defense Policy / Programs
- Russia-U.S. Pacific naval exercise ends RIA Novosti 30 Sep 2007 -- The joint Russian-U.S. naval exercise Pacific Eagle 2007, held in the Amur Gulf near Vladivostok, ended on Sunday, Russia's Pacific Fleet press office said.
- Kosovo's status process can be concluded soon, top UN envoy says UN News Centre 30 Sep 2007 -- Following direct talks between Belgrade and Pristina, the Secretary-General's top envoy to Kosovo expressed optimism that the status process of the Serbian province - which the world body has run since western forces drove out Yugoslav troops in 1999 amid ethnic fighting - can be concluded soon.
- AU Says at Least 10 Peacekeepers Killed in Darfur Attack VOA 30 Sep 2007 -- The African Union says at least 10 of its soldiers have been killed in an attack on an AU peacekeeping base in Sudan's Darfur region.
- Israeli and Palestinian Leaders to Meet on Wednesday VOA 30 Sep 2007 -- Israeli and Palestinian leaders will hold another summit meeting on Wednesday in a bid to advance the peace process
- UN Envoy Meets With Aung San Suu Kyi and Military Junta VOA 30 Sep 2007 -- The United Nation's special envoy to Burma has met with detained opposition leader Aung San Suu Kyi and with members of Burma's ruling military junta to try to stop the its violent crackdown on pro-democracy demonstrators.
- Ukrainians Vote In Key Parliamentary Poll RFE/RL 30 Sep 2007 -- Millions of Ukrainians have turned out to vote in the country's fourth national elections in three years.
- Potential Ukrainian Election Flaws Identified VOA 30 Sep 2007 -- Ukrainians cast their ballots in a special parliamentary election, in which domestic and international observers sought to assure an honest vote
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|