13 May 2007 Military News
- TASK FORCE LIGHTNING SOLDIERS ATTACKED
- MNC-I SOLDIERS ATTACKED
- Weekly press conference with Maj. Gen. Willian Caldwell IV, spokesman, MNF-I, and Brig. Gen. Marck Gurganus, commander, Ground Combat Element, MNF- West, on operations in Al Anbar province, May 13, 2007 MNF-I 13 May 2007 -- TOPIC: OPERATIONS AND PROGRESS IN AL ANBAR PROVINCE
- Multiple Terror Suspects Captured in Iraq; Insurgents Target Bridges, Civilians AFPS 13 May 2007 -- Coalition forces detained three suspected terrorists today, including an alleged cell leader, during operations in southeastern Baghdad, U.S. military officials reported.
- Bomb Blasts Hit Northern Iraq, Al-Qaida Group Claims Capture of US soldiers VOA 13 May 2007 -- A suicide car bomb blast has killed at least 45 people and wounded some 100 others in a Kurdish and Arab city in northern Iraq
- US-led Forces Kill Top Taleban Commander in Afghanistan VOA 13 May 2007 -- NATO and Afghan officials say the Taleban's top military commander, Mullah Dadullah, has been killed in Southern Afghanistan
- Taliban Militants Killed, Captured; Afghan Villagers Detain Fighters AFPS 13 May 2007 -- Afghan and coalition forces killed a militant and detained two others at a compound in Afghanistan's Helmand province during an operation yesterday, U.S. military officials reported.
- Taliban military commander killed IRNA 13 May 2007 -- Mullah Dadullah, the Taliban's most prominent military commander, was killed in fighting in southern Afghanistan with Afghan and NATO troops, officials said Sunday.
- NATO Confirms Death Of Taliban's Mullah Dadullah RFE/RL 13 May 2007 -- NATO says a U.S.-led coalition operation, supported by NATO troops, killed a senior Taliban military commander on May 12.
- AFGHANISTAN: Thousands of IDPs still need aid IRIN 13 May 2007 -- A year after the United Nations and the government of Afghanistan ended relief operations in the Mukhtar camp for internally displaced people (IDPs), the majority of its inhabitants still endure many hardships, according to camp residents and specialists.
Defense Policy / Programs
- O'Kane Changes Command at Sea Navy NewsStand 13 May 2007 -- The crew of USS O'Kane (DDG 77) held a change of command ceremony on the ship's fantail May 10 in the Persian Gulf.
- NEPAL: Widespread disappearances still unresolved despite peace IRIN 13 May 2007 -- Shanta Bhandari says she has been desperately searching for her son, Bipin, since 2002 when he was arrested by government security forces and disappeared.
- At Least 4 Palestinians Killed in Factional Fighting in Gaza VOA 13 May 2007 -- At least four Palestinians have been killed in a surge of fighting between rival factions in the Gaza Strip
- Secular Turks Stage Mass Anti-Government Rally VOA 13 May 2007 -- Tens of thousands of secular Turks massed in the Aegean port city of Izmir Sunday to protest Turkey's Islamic-rooted government, led by Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|