29 April 2007 Military News
- April 28 airpower: Thunderbolts support Coalition forces AFPN 29 Apr 2007 -- Coalition airpower supported Coalition ground forces in Iraq and the International Security Assistance Force in Afghanistan in the following operations April 28, according to Combined Air and Space Operations Center officials here.
- April 27 airpower: C-130s support Iraqi operations AFPN 29 Apr 2007 -- Coalition airpower supported Coalition ground forces in Iraq and the International Security Assistance Force in Afghanistan in the following operations April 27, according to Combined Air and Space Operations Center officials.
- Forces Capture 21 Suspected Al Qaeda in Iraq Members AFPS 29 Apr 2007 -- U.S. troops captured 21 suspected terrorists April 28 in Iraq during a series of raids across the country that targeted al Qaeda in Iraq, military officials said.
- BOXESG Enters 7th Fleet: Sets Course for Home Navy NewsStand 29 Apr 2007 -- The Boxer Expeditionary Strike Group (BOXESG) left the Persian Gulf on April 19, entering U.S. 7th Fleet's area of operation (AOR) to begin its journey back to its homeport in San Diego, after conducting more than five months of maritime security operations (MSO) in the Persian Gulf.
- U.S., Afghan Troops Conduct Raids in Afghanistan AFPS 29 Apr 2007 -- American and Afghan security forces teamed up to shut down a militant suicide-vehicle-bomb-making network during an operation in the Bati Kot area of Nangarhar province April 29, military officials reported.
- Anti-American Protests Follow Deadly Raid in Afghanistan VOA 29 Apr 2007 -- Hundreds of outraged protesters chanted anti-American slogans in eastern Afghanistan after U.S. and Afghan forces accidentally killed two female civilians
Defense Policy / Programs
- Lankan Tigers air attack on oil facilities IRNA 29 Apr 2007 -- In yet another aerial strike, Tamil Tiger aircraft bombed oil and gas storage facilities in and around Sri Lankan capital early Sunday.
- Georgia's radar detected in Georgia-S.Ossetia conflict area RIA Novosti 29 Apr 2007 -- A Georgian radar is illegitimately located in the area of the Georgia-South Ossetia conflict area, the headquarters of the mixed peacekeeping forces said Sunday.
- UN Kosovo resolution fulfillment unsatisfactory - ministry RIA Novosti 29 Apr 2007 -- The fulfillment of the UN resolution on Serbia's breakaway province of Kosovo is dissatisfactory, the Russian Foreign Ministry said Sunday referring to the results of the UN Security Council mission's work.
- Lebanon War Inquiry Brings Calls for Olmert's Resignation VOA 29 Apr 2007 -- Israel's embattled leader Ehud Olmert is facing growing calls for his resignation before the publication of an official inquiry into last year's war in Lebanon
- About a Million Turks Protest Pro-Islamist Government VOA 29 Apr 2007 -- About a million people have rallied in Turkey's largest city to protest the country's pro-Islamic government and to show support for secularism.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|