28 April 2007 Military News
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- Patrol struck by IED south of Baghdad
- Patrol struck by IED southeast of Baghdad
- MNF-W forces attacked
- Operation Chalons emphasizes U.S., ISF coordination MNF-I 28 Apr 2007 -- On April 23, a mission dubbed Operation Chalons allowed Company D, 1st Battalion, 15th Infantry Regiment, 3rd Heavy Brigade Combat Team, and an Iraqi National Police company to work together to accomplish their mission.
- Blast Targeting Shi'ite Shrine in Iraq Kills 55 VOA 28 Apr 2007 -- Iraqi officials say a blast near a Shi'ite shrine in the holy city Karbala has killed at least 55 people
- Marines in Iraq Destroy Truck Bomb Near Fallujah, Militants Kill 13 People in Baghdad VOA 28 Apr 2007 -- The U.S. military in Iraq says U.S. fighter jets have destroyed a truck rigged with explosives near Fallujah, while Iraqi police say militants have killed at least 13 people in Baghdad.
- Afghanistan: Kabul's Record Criticized At Brussels Forum RFE/RL 28 Apr 2007 -- The record of Afghanistan's government was questioned today at a high-level international conference in Brussels.
Defense Policy / Programs
- Israeli Troops Kill 3 Palestinian Militants on Gaza Border VOA 28 Apr 2007 -- Israeli forces have killed three Palestinian militants and seriously wounded a fourth in the Gaza Strip near the border with Israel
- African Union Says Peacekeepers Urgently Needed in Somalia VOA 28 Apr 2007 -- The head of the African Union says more peacekeepers are urgently needed in Somalia's capital after more than a week of intense fighting.
- Government Troops Patrol Mogadishu After Days of Fighting VOA 28 Apr 2007 -- Somali government troops and their Ethiopian allies are patrolling the streets of Somalia's capital, Mogadishu, as the city remains quiet following days of heavy fighting with insurgents.
- Turkey's Government Criticizes Military's Statement on Presidential Election VOA 28 Apr 2007 -- Turkey's Islamic-rooted government has harshly criticized the military after it expressed concern about the country's presidential election.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|