21 April 2007 Military News
- PATROL STRUCK BY IED SOUTH OF BAGHDAD
- ROADSIDE BOMB, SMALL ARMS FIRE TARGETS MND-B PTROL
- MND-B PATROL ENDS WITH SMALL ARMS FIRE
- MNF-W FORCES ATTACKED
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- April 20 airpower: Coalition partners achieve success AFPN 21 Apr 2007 -- Coalition airpower supported Coalition ground forces in Iraq and the International Security Assistance Force in Afghanistan in the following operations April 20, according to Combined Air and Space Operations Center officials here.
- Bus Bomb Kills at Least Three in Sadr City VOA 21 Apr 2007 -- Violence continued in Iraq Saturday with a bus bomb exploding in Baghdad, and gunmen slaughtered a Kurdish family in northern Kirkuk
- Taliban Demand French Pullout For Hostages RFE/RL 21 Apr 2007 -- Taliban guerrillas are demanding that France withdraw its troops from Afghanistan in exchange for the freedom of two French hostages.
- Air operations vital to CJTF-HOA mission AFPN 22 Apr 2007 -- In the United States, airlines coordinate flights with the Federal Aviation Administration. In the Horn of Africa it's a little more complicated as flights cross several nations, all with different aviation rules.
Defense Policy / Programs
- Blue Angel Jet Crashes at Beaufort Air Show Navy NewsStand 21 Apr 2007 -- An F/A-18A Hornet assigned to the Navy Flight Demonstration Squadron (Blue Angels) crashed during the final minutes of an air show at Marine Corps Air Station Beaufort, S.C., at approximately 4 p.m. EDT, April 21.
- U.S. Fleet Forces Prepares for HURREX '07 Navy NewsStand 21 Apr 2007 -- As the Hampton Roads area prepares for the upcoming hurricane season, which runs from June 1 until Nov. 30, U.S. Fleet Forces Command (FFC) is taking a proactive approached to ensuring the safety of Sailors and their families by participating in Hurricane Exercise 2007 (HURREX 07).
- HSL-43 Det. 4 Completes Surge Deployment Navy NewsStand 21 Apr 2007 -- The "Rat Pak II" of Helicopter Anti-Submarine Squadron Light (HSL) 43, Detachment 4, returned to San Diego on April 20 from a three-month deployment to the Western Pacific.
- Germany in talks with Pakistan over sale of three submarines: daily IRNA 21 Apr 2007 -- A German defense consortium is involved in talks with the Pakistani navy over the construction of three conventional submarines, the Berlin-based Neues Deutschland cited Friday a confidential document of the German Finance Ministry.
- Somali Human Rights Group Says 113 Dead After Fighting in Mogadishu VOA 21 Apr 2007 -- A Somali human rights group says at least 113 people have died and more than 200 have been wounded in three days of fighting between insurgents and Ethiopian troops in Somalia's capital, Mogadishu.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|