10 March 2007 Military News
Defense Policy / Programs
- DoD Identifies Marine Casualty
- March 10 airpower: ISR missions critical in war on terrorism AFPN 10 Mar 2007 -- U.S. Central Command Air Forces officials have released the airpower summary for March 10.
- Afghanistan's Lower House of Parliament Approves Revised Amnesty Bill VOA 10 Mar 2007 -- Afghanistan's lower house of parliament has passed a revised version of a resolution that calls for amnesty for Afghans accused of war crimes during more than two decades of conflict.
- NATO Airstrike Targets Taleban Militant VOA 10 Mar 2007 -- NATO says its forces carried out a precision airstrike Saturday targeting a Taleban militant in southern Afghanistan.
Defense Policy / Programs
- USS New Orleans Commissioned in Namesake City Navy NewsStand 10 Mar 2007 -- Sailors from USS New Orleans (LPD 18) and Marines from the 14th Regiment manned the rails of the San Antonio class ship March 10, bringing it to life during a commissioning ceremony in the ship's namesake city.
- Seabees Construct New Flight Line Building Navy NewsStand 10 Mar 2007 -- Seabees from Naval Construction Battalion (NMCB) 74 are putting the finishing touches on a flight line pre-fabricated building (PEB) for Electronic Attack Wing (VAQ) 129, to be completed March 23.
- U.S. and S. Korean Warlike Forces Urged to Give up Projected RSOI and Foal Eagle KCNA 10 Mar 2007 -- The south Korea-U.S. Combined Forces Command on March 7 announced a plan to stage RSOI and the Foal Eagle joint military exercises from March 25 to 31, according to military sources.
- Heavy artillery exchanges between Lankan forces and LTTE resume IRNA 10 Mar 2007 -- Renewed heavy artillery exchanges between Sri Lankan soldiers and Tamil Tiger rebels have forced thousands of civilians to flee their homes.
- Yearlong Kosovo Talks End In Deadlock RFE/RL 10 Mar 2007 -- UN envoy Martti Ahtisaari says yearlong talks on the future of Kosovo have ended in deadlock.
- Ahtisaari to return his plan on Kosovo status to UN Sec. Council RIA Novosti 10 Mar 2007 -- A special UN envoy for talks on the Serbian province of Kosovo, Marti Ahtisaari, said he would return his resolution proposals to the UN Security Council following fruitless talks in Vienna.
- African Union Troops Woo Somalis Amid Attacks VOA 10 Mar 2007 -- There are mixed feelings toward the first batch of African Union (AU) peacekeepers in the Somali capital Mogadishu
- Bush Talks Trade in Uruguay, Defends Latin America Policy VOA 10 Mar 2007 -- President Bush says he is following a quiet approach to diplomacy with Latin America that is yielding results
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|