04 March 2007 Military News
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- March 4 airpower: B-1s making presence known AFPN 04 Mar 2007 -- U.S. Central Command Air Forces officials have released the airpower summary for March 4.
- Coalition, Iraqi Troops Start Clearing Sadr City AFPS 04 Mar 2007 -- More than 600 Multi-National Division Baghdad soldiers and 550 Iraqi security forces began a clearing operation in the eastern Baghdad district known as Sadr City today, military officials reported.
- Clearing operations begin in Sadr City MNF-I 04 Mar 2007 -- More than 600 Multi-National Division - Baghdad Soldiers and 550 Iraqi zecurity forces began a clearing operation in the eastern district known as Sadr City March 4.
- US, Iraqi Forces Search Baghdad's Sadr City VOA 04 Mar 2007 -- American and Iraqi forces have entered Baghdad's Shi'ite militia stronghold Sadr City, and are searching homes for insurgents
- AFGHANISTAN: Gov't bid to boost police in south IRIN 05 Mar 2007 -- Abdul Bari has just quit his job. Recruited into the auxiliary police in Kandahar, part of a temporary supplementary force to meet Afghanistan's shortfall of security forces in the south, the 23-year-old said the job was simply too difficult and dangerous.
- Soldier Injured, Civilians Killed in Afghanistan Convoy Attack AFPS 04 Mar 2007 -- A coalition servicemember was injured, eight Afghan civilians were killed and 35 civilians were wounded today when militants assaulted a coalition forces convoy as it moved east along Highway 1 in Afghanistan's Nangarhar province, military officials reported.
- Afghan Civilians Killed After Attack On U.S. Convoy RFE/RL 04 Mar 2007 -- Sixteen Afghans were reported killed and 25 wounded when a U.S. convoy was attacked by a suicide car bomber and troops returned fire.
- US Revises Downward Number of Civilians Killed in Afghan Convoy Attack VOA 04 Mar 2007 -- U.S. military officials in Afghanistan now say eight Afghan civilians were killed after a suicide attack and ambush by gunmen on a U.S convoy.
- Pakistan plays down U.S general's remarks on operations inside country IRNA 04 Mar 2007 -- Pakistan on Saturday played down remarks from senior U.S military officials that American forces in Afghanistan routinely pursue and fire upon Taliban enemies into Pakistan.
Defense Policy / Programs
- USS Boxer Enjoys Port Visit to Bahrain Navy NewsStand 04 Mar 2007 -- USS Boxer's (LHD 4) crew enjoyed the sights and culture of Manama, Bahrain, Feb. 20-25 for the third time during its deployment to the U.S 5th Fleet's area of operation.
- New ammo improves pilot safety, reduces collateral damage AFPN 04 Mar 2007 -- Air Force F-16 Fighting Falcon pilots at the 332nd Air Expeditionary Wing here are employing a new 20mm cannon round in their M61/A1 Gatling guns for the first time, improving pilot safety while reducing collateral damage.
- LEBANON: UNIFIL wins hearts and minds in south, but questions remain over security IRIN 05 Mar 2007 -- Nepalese soldiers are teaching computing skills to the women of Houla, a Shia Muslim village 2km from Lebanon's southern border with Israel.
- Iran, Saudi Arabia Agree to Fight Sectarian Strife VOA 04 Mar 2007 -- The leaders of Saudi Arabia and Iran have agreed to work together to end sectarian violence in the region
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|