17 February 2007 Military News
- MNF-W forces attacked
- Feb. 17 airpower: A-10s provide over watch AFPN 17 Feb 2007 -- U.S. Central Command Air Forces officials have released the airpower summary for Feb. 17.
- Baghdad security plan officially named 'Fardh al-Qanoon' MNF-I 17 Feb 2007 -- The Government of Iraq and the Coalition Force officially announced the name for the Baghdad security plan Feb. 17.
Defense Policy / Programs
- First F-22 Raptors arrive at Kadena AFPN 17 Feb 2007 -- The first two F-22 Raptors arrived at Kadena Air Base, Japan, Feb. 16 for their first overseas deployment. The remaining aircraft will follow in the coming days.
- Essex Picture Perfect Certification Navy NewsStand 17 Feb 2007 -- USS Essex (LHD 2) participated in a five-day certification phase for amphibious warfare operations Jan. 24-29 off the coast of Sasebo, Japan.
- Italians Protest Expansion at US Military Base VOA 17 Feb 2007 -- Tens-of-thousands of Italians protested Saturday in the northeastern city of Vicenza against the planned expansion of a U.S. military base nearby
- Kosovo: UN official stresses broad international support for status proposal UN News Centre 17 Feb 2007 -- The senior United Nations official in Kosovo, which the world body has administered since NATO forces responded to ethnic strife there in 1999, today stressed the broad international support enjoyed by a UN status proposal, saying it comes "at an ideal moment in history."
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|