10 February 2007 Military News
- Feb. 10 airpower: F-16s destroy IED production plant AFPN 10 Feb 2007 -- U.S. Central Command Air Forces officials have released the airpower summary for Feb. 10.
- Gates: Multinational Force Sweeps Pick Up Iranians AFPS 10 Feb 2007 -- Multinational forces in Iraq recently captured some Iranians during sweeps to find networks that build and emplace improvised explosive devices, Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates said here yesterday.
- Petraeus Addresses Multinational Force Iraq Troops Upon Taking Command AFPS 10 Feb 2007 -- Iraq is at a pivotal crossroad, the new commander of Multinational Force Iraq said in a letter to the command's troops today.
- Marine unit extended in Iraq MNF-I 10 Feb 2007 -- The Camp Pendleton, Calif.-based 15th Marine Expeditionary Unit (Special Operations Capable) will have their deployment extended in Al Anbar Province, Iraq, in support of Multi-National Force-West.
- U.S. air power strikes suspected terrorists in Baghdad eliminating enemy fire AFPN 10 Feb 2007 -- In response to a call for air power, a U.S. Air Force F-16 Falcon aided U.S. ground forces by delivering precision munitions on eight hostile personnel in an air strike south of Baghdad Feb. 8.
- F-15 Strike Eagles take over close air support mission at Bagram AFPN 10 Feb 2007 -- The F-15 Strike Eagle recently swapped out with the A-10 Thunderbolt II to assume responsibility of the close air support mission here.
- Craddock: More NATO Troops in Afghanistan Will Lead to Stability AFPS 10 Feb 2007 -- It will take more troops to conduct a combination of security and stability operations to end fighting in Afghanistan, NATO's supreme allied commander in Europe said here today.
Defense Policy / Programs
- Pace to Visit Australia, Indonesia AFPS 10 Feb 2007 -- American Samoa, Feb. 10, 2007 - Visits this week to Australia and Indonesia will help the United States cement military-to-military ties, Marine Gen. Peter Pace, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said yesterday in Hawaii.
- Top US Military Officer Visits Australia VOA 10 Feb 2007 -- The top U.S. military officer, General Peter Pace, arrived in Australia Saturday night for talks on the global war on terrorism and bilateral issues
- AFSO21 streamlines deployment processing AFPN 10 Feb 2007 -- Deploying Airmen had an easier transition into the area of responsibility this January because the 379th Expeditionary Logistics Squadron Readiness Flight revamped the way the Aerial Port of Debarkation processes Airmen departing and arriving.
- Helicopter support trailer provides rapid mobility AFPN 10 Feb 2007 -- It appears to be just a plain gray box, with a drop down rear ramp and external lighting.
- Blackhawks Sharpen Skills at Panama City Navy NewsStand 10 Feb 2007 -- The "Blackhawks" of Helicopter Mine Countermeasures Squadron (HM) 15 based at Naval Air Station (NAS) Corpus Christi, Texas, conducted Airborne Mine Countermeasures training at Naval Support Activity (NSA) Panama City, Fla., from Jan. 27 to Feb. 10.
- Russia's Putin talks U.S. missile defense, NATO, Iran in Munich RIA Novosti 10 Feb 2007 -- Russian President Vladimir Putin, attending an international security conference in Munich Saturday, spoke on U.S. missile defense, NATO expansion, Iran's nuclear problem and the Energy Charter.
- NATO expansion erodes international trust - Putin RIA Novosti 10 Feb 2007 -- Russian President Vladimir Putin said Saturday that NATO's eastward expansion is affecting Russia's relationship with the North Atlantic alliance and has nothing to do with modernizing the military bloc.
- Deployment of U.S. missile defense could trigger new arms race RIA Novosti 10 Feb 2007 -- Deployment of a U.S. missile defense system in Central Europe could trigger a new spiral of the arms race, Russian President Vladimir Putin said Saturday.
- Pakistan Concerned about Possible Arms Race with India VOA 10 Feb 2007 -- A top Pakistani diplomat says rival India's spending spree on fighter jets and other state-of-the-art weaponry could start a regional arms race
- Israeli Police Clash with Palestinians Near Disputed Holy Place VOA 10 Feb 2007 -- Israeli police have clashed with Palestinians during violent protests in disputed East Jerusalem for the second straight day
- Russia can only back mutually acceptable solution on Kosovo-Putin RIA Novosti 10 Feb 2007 -- Russia will only support a solution to the Kosovo problem that is suitable to all parties involved, the Russian president said Saturday.
- Putin Says West Forcing Will On World RFE/RL 10 Feb 2007 -- Russian President Vladimir Putin strongly criticized the United States and other Western countries during a major security conference today.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|