25 December 2006 Military News
- Two Coalition service members killed in Al Anbar
- Security patrol hit by roadside bomb
- CENTAF releases airpower summary for Dec. 25 AFPN 25 Dec 2006 -- U.S. Central Command Air Forces officials have released the airpower summary for Dec. 25.
- US Forces in Baghdad Seize Iranians Invited to Iraq VOA 25 Dec 2006 -- U.S. officials say American forces in Baghdad detained several Iranians last week suspected of inciting attacks against Iraqi troops.
- British Forces Destroy Rogue Iraqi Police Station in Basra VOA 25 Dec 2006 -- British troops have killed seven gunmen and demolished an Iraqi police station in the southern city of Basra to stop rogue officers from using the site to commit crimes.
- US for new operation in Pakistan tribal agency: report IRNA 25 Dec 2006 -- The United States has asked Pakistan to launch fresh military operations in tribal regions against suspected al-Qaeda and Taliban militants, a report said on Monday.
Defense Policy / Programs
- Militants surrounded in South Russia, operation continues RIA Novosti 25 Dec 2006 -- Police in Russia's republic of Karachayevo-Circassia in North Caucasus are conducting a special operation to apprehend a group of suspected militants in the center of the capital, Cherkessk, a local police spokesman said Monday.
- Olmert Says He Wants to Renew Peace Talks with Syria VOA 25 Dec 2006 -- Israel says it would like to revive negotiations with neighboring Syria.
- Ethiopian Jets Bomb Airports in Somalia VOA 25 Dec 2006 -- Ethiopian fighter jets bombed parts of the main airport in Somalia's capital Mogadishu and a second airport held by the Somali Islamist movement about 100 kilometers to the west
- US Urges Halt to Somali Conflict VOA 25 Dec 2006 -- The Bush administration is urging a halt to conflict in Somalia that has intensified since neighboring Ethiopia launched air strikes on the country's two main airports and sent ground troops into Somali territory
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|