10 December 2006 Military News
- DoD Identifies Army Casualties
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- CENTAF releases airpower summary for Dec. 10 AFPN 10 Dec 2006 -- U.S. Central Command Air Forces officials have released the airpower summary for Dec. 10.
- U.S., Iraqi Forces Capture 50 Insurgents, Seize Numerous Weapons AFPS 10 Dec 2006 -- U.S. and Iraqi forces captured 50 insurgents and found numerous enemy weapons caches during operations conducted over the past three days, U.S. military officials reported.
Defense Policy / Programs
- Transcript: Town Hall Meeting with Secretary of Defense Rumsfeld at Mosul, Iraq 10 Dec 2006 -- Presenter: Secretary of Defense Donald H. Rumsfeld
- Transcript: Town Hall Meeting with Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld at Al Asad Air Base, Iraq 10 Dec 2006 -- Presenter: Secretary of Defense Donald H. Rumsfeld
- ISRAEL-OPT: Amnesty and Israel clash over arms and human rights IRIN 10 Dec 2006 -- The London-based human rights organisation Amnesty International has asked the European Union (EU) to block arms sale to Israel and Palestinians so as to stave off impending disaster in Israel and the Palestinian territories.
- Palestinian President Threatens Early Elections in Challenge to Hamas VOA 10 Dec 2006 -- Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas is threatening to call early elections to end an impasse with the ruling Islamic militant group, Hamas
- AU Raises Alarm Over Renewed Violence in Darfur VOA 10 Dec 2006 -- Fighting is flaring across Sudan's embattled western Darfur region, the African Union warned Sunday.
- French Officials Say CAR Rebels Lose Last Town VOA 10 Dec 2006 -- French military officials are saying rebels in the Central African Republic have lost the last northern town they were holding, nearly two weeks into a counter-offensive
- Bangladesh Deploys Army to Bring Order Ahead of Polls VOA 10 Dec 2006 -- The Bangladesh government has sent the army into the streets to restore order ahead of national elections scheduled for next month
- Ex-Chilean Dictator Augusto Pinochet Dies VOA 10 Dec 2006 -- Chile's former long-time dictator, General Augusto Pinochet, is dead at the age of 91 after suffering what doctors called an acute heart attack one week ago
- Hamilton Sundstrand equipment to activate permanent power system on the International Space Station Hamilton Sundstrand 10 Dec 2006 -- The Space Shuttle Discovery Saturday night carried a collection of new electrical and structural hardware developed and built by Hamilton Sundstrand, a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. [NYSE:UTX]. This was the second consecutive launch to expand the electrical power system on board the International Space Station (ISS).
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|