03 December 2006 Military News
- DoD Identifies Air Force Casualty
- Soldier killed by roadside bomb
- 13th SC(E) Soldiers killed in Al Anbar
- Three Marines killed in Western Iraq
- Soldier killed in Baghdad
- CENTAF releases airpower summary for Dec. 3 AFPN 03 Dec 2006 -- U.S. Central Command Air Forces officials release the airpower summary for Dec. 3.
- Iraqi Forces Taking Lead in Fight Against Terror AFPS 03 Dec 2006 -- Iraqi forces are getting more results as they move into the lead in many areas of the country.
- F-16 pilot status confirmed AFPN 03 Dec 2006 -- Maj. Troy L. Gilbert, the pilot of the Air Force F-16 Fighting Falcon engaged in support of coalition ground combat operations that crashed approximately 20 miles northwest of Baghdad Nov. 27, was officially listed as killed in action.
- Suicide Bomber Targets NATO Convoy in Southern Afghanistan VOA 03 Dec 2006 -- A suicide car bomber targeted a NATO convoy in southern Afghanistan leaving at least three Afghan civilians dead and several others seriously wounded
- U.S. Navy Assumes Command of CTF 152 Navy NewsStand 03 Dec 2006 -- Rear Adm. Allen G. Myers relieved Italian Navy Rear Adm. Emilio Foltzer as Combined Task Force (CTF) 152 commander Dec. 3 during a change of control ceremony aboard ITS Etna (A 5326).
Defense Policy / Programs
- San Antonio Saves Sinking Fishing Vessel Navy NewsStand 03 Dec 2006 -- Crew members of USS San Antonio made a daring rescue Dec. 1 in the Atlantic Ocean.
- BHR One Step Closer to Deployment Navy NewsStand 03 Dec 2006 -- USS Bonhomme Richard (LHD 6) (BHR) headed back to homeport San Diego Nov. 30 after successfully completing in only three days an underway workload originally scheduled for five.
- BHR Complete PAC Fire Exercise Navy NewsStand 03 Dec 2006 -- USS Bonhomme Richard (LHD 6) (BHR) and her crew conducted a Pre-Action Aim Calibration (PAC) fire on the Close-in Weapon System (CIWS) off the coast of Southern California Nov. 28.
- BHR Tops Off Ammo at Sea Navy NewsStand 03 Dec 2006 -- USS Bonhomme Richard (LHD 6) (BHR) completed an ammunition onload at sea Nov. 28 as part of the ship's preparation for its upcoming deployment.
- Israel Refuses to Extend Ceasefire to West Bank, Troops Kill Palestinian Boy VOA 03 Dec 2006 -- Israel has decided not to extend the week-old ceasefire in the Gaza Strip to the West Bank, citing security reasons
- Lebanon's PM Siniora Vows to Stay, Protests in Beirut Continue VOA 03 Dec 2006 -- Lebanon's prime minister says he will stay in office despite a continuing protest by Hezbollah-led demonstrators demanding the resignation of his Western-backed government.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|