19 November 2006 Military News
Defense Policy / Programs
- CENTAF releases airpower summary for Nov. 19 AFPN 19 Nov 2006 -- U.S. Central Command Air Forces officials have released the airpower summary for Nov. 19.
- Iraq Anti-Terror Ops Kill Scores of Insurgents, Nab Weapons AFPS 19 Nov 2006 -- American and Iraqi forces killed scores of insurgents and found numerous enemy weapons caches during anti-terrorist operations conducted across Iraq in recent days, according to Multinational Corps Iraq news releases.
- Iraqi, US Forces Search for Kidnap Victims VOA 19 Nov 2006 -- Iraqi and U.S. forces raided a Shiite slum in Baghdad Saturday, looking for men abducted earlier this week in a mass kidnapping at a government ministry
- Pakistan Calls For Marshall Plan For Afghanistan RFE/RL 19 Nov 2006 -- British Prime Minister Blair and Pakistani President Musharraf agreed at a meeting held today in Pakistan that it is crucial to restore order in Afghanistan.
Defense Policy / Programs
- USS Ramage Assists CTF 150 with Maritime Security Operations Navy NewsStand 19 Nov 2006 -- Guided-missile destroyer USS Ramage (DDG 61) has been conducting maritime security operations (MSO) in the Gulf of Oman as a member of the Combined Task Force (CTF) 150 team since Nov. 3.
- National Test Center Opens at Naval Air Station Whidbey Island Navy NewsStand 19 Nov 2006 -- A National Test Center (NTC) saw its grand opening at Columbia College on Naval Air Station Whidbey Island (NASWI) Nov. 14.
- Abizaid: U.S. Must Shape Middle East to Avoid Larger War AFPS 19 Nov 2006 -- National security interests compel the United States to shape, but not control, developments in the Middle East, a region of the world that is being shaken by globalization, the senior U.S. officer responsible for the region said here yesterday.
- Bush: Terrorism Threatens U.S., Asia AFPS 19 Nov 2006 -- Terrorism is a common threat shared by the United States and Asian nations, President Bush said yesterday during his weekly radio address to the nation while on a trip to Asia.
- Press Gaggle by Tony Snow The White House 19 Nov 2006
- Press Briefing by David Mccormick, Deputy National Security Advisor for International Economic Affairs The White House 19 Nov 2006
- U.S. lifts sanctions against Russian military aircraft maker Sukhoi RIA Novosti 19 Nov 2006 -- Russia's foreign minister said Sunday that the United States has lifted its sanctions against Russian military aircraft manufacturer Sukhoi.
- Israel's Military Orders Investigation Into Use of Cluster Bombs During Lebanon War VOA 19 Nov 2006 -- News agencies in Israel are reporting that the country's military has ordered an investigation into its use of cluster bombs during the recent war against Hezbollah in Lebanon.
- Israeli Airstrike Wounds 9 in Gaza VOA 19 Nov 2006 -- Palestinian medical officials say an Israeli airstrike has wounded nine Palestinians in Gaza City
- Sudanese Official Says Disagreement Continue Over Proposed Darfur Force VOA 19 Nov 2006 -- Sudanese officials have been giving conflicting signals about whether the government has accepted the idea of a joint U.N.-African Union peacekeeping force
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|