11 November 2006 Military News
Defense Policy / Programs
- CENTAF releases airpower summary for Nov. 11 AFPN 11 Nov 2006 -- U.S. Central Command Air Forces officials have released the airpower summary for Nov. 11.
- USS Anzio Provides Assistance to Iranian Dhow Navy NewsStand 11 Nov 2006 -- USS Anzio (CG 68) provided assistance to a vessel in distress in the Arabian Sea, approximately 140 miles off the coast of Pakistan, Nov. 10, while conducting maritime security operations (MSO) in the area.
Defense Policy / Programs
- President's Radio Address The White House 11 Nov 2006
- Bush: Terror Fight Unchanged by Election Results VOA 11 Nov 2006 -- U.S. President George Bush says America's fight against terrorism will not be affected by this past week's election in which his political party's lost control of Congress
- US vetoes Security Council draft resolution on Israeli operations in Gaza UN News Centre 11 Nov 2006 -- Exercising its veto in the Security Council today, the United States blocked a draft resolution that won the endorsement of 10 other members and would have called for a United Nations fact-finding mission in response to a recent Israeli operation in Gaza resulting in at least 18 civilian deaths.
- US Vetoes UN Resolution Condemning Israeli Gaza Operations VOA 11 Nov 2006 -- The United States has used its Security Council veto to block a U.N. draft resolution condemning a deadly Israeli attack in the Gaza Strip
- 5 Ministers Resign After Lebanon Talks Collapse VOA 11 Nov 2006 -- A total of five Shi'ite Muslims in Lebanon's cabinet resigned Saturday after the government refused a demand to include more members of Hezbollah
- Rival Palestinian Factions Near Deal on Unity Government VOA 11 Nov 2006 -- Rival Palestinian factions say they're close to an agreement on a national unity government that would diminish the powers of the ruling Islamic militant group Hamas
- Fighting Breaks Out in Congo Capital VOA 11 Nov 2006 -- Clashes between fighters loyal to rival presidential candidates in the Democratic Republic of Congo left two civilians dead on Saturday as fresh partial election results showed the gap between the contenders narrowing
- Plebiscite in breakaway S.Ossetia will be illegitimate - Georgia RIA Novosti 11 Nov 2006 -- Georgia's Foreign Ministry said Saturday a referendum in its breakaway republic of South Ossetia Sunday will be illegitimate, Novosti-Georgia news agency reported.
- US Lawyers to Seek Criminal Charges Against Rumsfeld in Germany VOA 11 Nov 2006 -- A U.S.-based advocacy group says it plans to seek criminal charges in a German court against outgoing U.S. Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, for his alleged role in sanctioning torture of prisoners in U.S. custody.
- Georgia's ex-defense minister takes up new job RIA Novosti 11 Nov 2006 -- Georgia's prime minister introduced a new economics minister to the Cabinet Saturday following the president-ordered reshuffles the day before, Novosti-Georgia reported.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|