04 November 2006 Military News
Defense Policy / Programs
- DoD Identifies Marine Casualties
- CENTAF releases airpower summary for Nov. 4 AFPN 04 Nov 2006 -- U.S. Central Command Air Forces officials have released the airpower summary for Nov. 4.
Defense Policy / Programs
- Delta IV launch successful AFPN 04 Nov 2006 -- A Delta IV evolved expendable launch vehicle carrying a Defense Meteorological Satellite Program satellite was launched from the Space Launch Complex-6 here Nov. 4 at 5:53 a.m.
- Guard, Manas crews exemplify total force integration AFPN 04 Nov 2006 -- The 141st Air Refueling Wing unit from the Washington Air National Guard rotated home this week after a successful two and a half week tour here.
- Iran ready to equip Lebanese military with advanced aerial defence IRNA 04 Nov 2006 -- Iran's Ambassador to Lebanon Mohammad-Reza Sheybani in a meeting with Lebanon military commander General Michele Soleyman on Saturday expressed Iran's readiness to equip Lebanese army with advanced aerial defence.
- Press Gaggle by Tony Snow The White House 04 Nov 2006
- Boeing Delta IV Launches Critical Military Weather Satellite Boeing 04 Nov 2006 -- A Boeing [NYSE: BA] Delta IV rocket today carried a Defense Meteorological Satellite Program (DMSP) satellite into orbit from Vandenberg Air Force Base, Calif.
- NATION'S NEWEST USAF ENVIRONMENTAL SATELLITE LAUNCHED Lockheed Martin 04 Nov 2006 -- The Defense Meteorological Satellite Program (DMSP) F-17 Block 5D-3 spacecraft, built under contract for the U.S. Air Force by Lockheed Martin [NYSE:LMT], was launched this morning from Vandenberg Air Force Base, Calif. at 5:53 am PST.
- Pratt & Whitney Rocketdyne Rocket Engines Send Air Force Satellite from Pole to Pole Pratt & Whitney 04 Nov 2006 -- A pair of Pratt & Whitney Rocketdyne (PWR) rocket engines today powered an Air Force weather satellite to a polar orbit that will allow surveillance of more than 95 percent of the Earth's surface.
- At Least Seven Killed as Israel's Gaza Offensive Continues VOA 04 Nov 2006 -- At least seven Palestinian militants have been killed as Israel continues its offensive in the northern Gaza Strip
- Militia Attacks Continue in Darfur VOA 04 Nov 2006 -- Fierce attacks on civilians are continuing in Sudan's embattled Darfur region
- China Opens Huge Africa Summit with Pledges of $5 Billion VOA 04 Nov 2006 -- Chinese President Hu Jintao has opened a summit in Beijing bringing together leaders of 48 African countries.
- AFRICA: China to double aid to Africa IRIN 04 Nov 2006 -- Chinese President Hu Jintao on Saturday pledged to double his country's assistance to the African continent by 2009, and proposed a raft of new loans, development projects in health and agriculture, and debt cancellations.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|