29 January 2006 Military News
- Iraqi, American Soldiers Engage Terrorists AFPS 29 Jan 2006 -- Iraqi and American soldiers successfully engaged terrorists and other anti-Iraqi forces in a series of recent operations, U.S. military officials reported.
- Car Bombs Rock 6 Churches in Iraq VOA 29 Jan 2006 -- Iraqi police say car bomb attacks at churches in Baghdad and Kirkuk have killed at least three people and wounded several others.
Defense Policy / Programs
- NATO Land Component Command leaves Pakistan IRNA 29 Jan 2006 -- The Spanish-led Land Component Command (LCC) of the NATO Disaster Relief Team in Pakistan departed Sunday from Chaklala Air Base in Islamabad, a NATO statement said.
- Digital SHARK for European Corvettes Rafael 29 Jan 2006 -- RAFAEL Armament Development Authority Ltd has been awarded a contract to provide its Digital SHARK Electronic Counter-Measures (ECM) System for a European Corvette. The contract was awarded in an international competition.
- US Seeks United Approach on Aid to Hamas-Led Palestinian Government VOA 29 Jan 2006 -- Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice says the United States is engaged in diplomatic contacts aimed at denying international aid to a Hamas-led Palestinian government, unless it renounces violence and accepts Israel's right to exist
- Israel Says Hamas Must Renounce Terror RFE/RL 29 Jan 2006 -- Israel says it will boycott a Palestinian government that includes Hamas until the Islamic movement renounced terrorism and recognized the Jewish state's right to exist.
- Israel Rules out Talks With Hamas VOA 29 Jan 2006 -- Israel is adopting a tough stance toward the Islamic militant group Hamas, after its stunning election victory last week.
- Côte d'Ivoire: Concerned about presidential decree, Annan urges parties to cooperate UN News Centre 29 Jan 2006 -- Reacting to the sudden announcement of a new presidential decree concerning Côte d'Ivoire's National Assembly, United Nations Secretary-General Kofi Annan today urged the parties there to cooperate in the interests of peace.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|