01 January 2006 Military News
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- TASK FORCE BAGHDAD SOLDIER KILLED
- BRIEFING BY BRIGADIER GENERAL DONALD ALSTON (USAF), DIRECTOR, STRATEGIC COMMUNICATIONS, MULTINATIONAL FORCE IRAQ MNF-I 01 Jan 2006
- Securing Gains, Training Police Priorities for 2006 in Anbar Province AFPS 01 Jan 2006 -- Securing gains made and training local police are keys to victory over terrorists here in Anbar province, the commander of the 2nd Marine Expeditionary Force Forward said today.
- President Bush Visits Troops Wounded in Iraq VOA 01 Jan 2006 -- President Bush began the new year by visiting with U.S. soldiers who were injured in Iraq or Afghanistan. Mr. Bush ended a holiday stay in his home state of Texas with a stop at a military hospital near San Antonio.
- Two Dead as Iraqi Police Fire on Protesters in Kirkuk VOA 01 Jan 2006 -- Police in northern Iraq say security forces have killed at least two people and wounded several others who were protesting a rise in fuel prices and lack of basic services in the city.
- Pace Vows U.S. Military Ready for Challenges of 2006 AFPS 01 Jan 2006 -- The U.S. armed forces are prepared to handle whatever challenges arise in 2006, the nation's top general vowed today in an interview from Iraq.
Defense Policy / Programs
- Palestinian Militants Attack Foreign Interests in Gaza VOA 01 Jan 2006 -- It was a violent New Years in the Gaza Strip, where Palestinian gunmen attacked a U.N. building and carried out another kidnapping. The deteriorating security situation is causing deep concern in both the Palestinian Authority and Israel.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|