24 December 2005 Military News
- DoD Identifies Army Casualties
- Transcript: Secretary Rumsfeld's Remarks to Task Force Freedom in Mosul, Iraq 24 Dec 2005 -- Presenter: Secretary of Defense Donald H. Rumsfeld
- Large cache destroyed near Bayji MNF-I 24 Dec 2005 -- Soldiers from the 101st Airborne Division's 3rd Brigade Combat Team thought they had discovered a single cache of weapons near Bayji Dec. 20 after a tip from a local resident.
- Air assault operation nets suspects, weapons cache MNF-I 24 Dec 2005 -- An air assault mission conducted by 1st Battalion, 187th Infantry Regiment, resulted in the capture of several suspected terrorists and the seizure of a large cache of ammunition in Muslakhah, Iraq, Dec. 23.
Defense Policy / Programs
- Diplomats, Sri Lankan Rebels Meet to Save Cease-Fire VOA 24 Dec 2005 -- Diplomats from Asian and European nations backing Sri Lanka's peace process are heading for emergency talks with Tamil Tiger rebels in an effort to quell rising violence that threatens a cease-fire.
- Former Egyptian Presidential Candidate Sentenced to 5 Years Hard Labor VOA 24 Dec 2005 -- A criminal court has sentenced former Egyptian parliament member and presidential candidate Ayman Nour to five years of hard labor.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|