04 December 2005 Military News
- Iraqi firefighters turn in ordnance to U.S. troops MNF-I 04 Dec 2005 -- Firefighters from the Rusafa Fire Station in east Baghdad turned over more than 200 rounds of unexploded ordnance to elements of Task Force Baghdad for destruction Dec. 1.
- Terrorist video claiming to be attack that killed 10 Marines is false MNF-I 04 Dec 2005 -- A video posted to a terrorist website and aired by some media organizations purporting to show the improvised explosive devise attack that killed 10 U.S. Marines Dec. 1 is disinformation
- Suspected bomb makers captured MNF-I 04 Dec 2005 -- Six terror suspects were detained in As Siniyah Dec. 2 after a concerned resident informed police about a vehicle-borne IED being built nearby.
- Terrorist attack backfires MNF-I 04 Dec 2005 -- Army and Air Force units teamed up to crush an ill-conceived terrorist attack against an Army patrol near Balad the morning of Dec. 3.
- U.S. Officials Label Terrorist Video As "Disinformation" AFPS 04 Dec 2005 -- U.S. military officials in Iraq today labeled a video as "disinformation" that was posted to a terrorist Web site and aired by some media showing the roadside bomb attack that killed 10 U.S. Marines on Dec. 1.
- Iraq Car Bomb Kills 2 VOA 04 Dec 2005 -- Iraqi police say a roadside bomb attack in central Baghdad killed at least two people Sunday and wounded at least 10 others.
- Security forces take charge against terrorism MNF-I 04 Dec 2005 -- Iraqi security forces and Multi-National Forces from Task Force Freedom detained 64 suspected terrorists and seized weapons caches during operations in northern Iraq Nov. 27 - Dec. 4.
- Afghan Member of Parliament Killed VOA 04 Dec 2005 -- A newly elected member of Afghanistan's first parliament in more than 30 years was killed Sunday in a gun battle.
- TWO CH-47 CHINOOKS MAKE EMERGENCY LANDINGS IN SOUTHERN AFGHANISTAN; SIX INJURED CENTCOM 04 Dec 2005 -- Two U.S. CH-47 Chinook helicopters made emergency landings today in separate locations in southern Afghanistan resulting in the injury of five U.S. soldiers and one Afghan National Army soldier.
Defense Policy / Programs
- Talks Under Way On Russian Troops In Moldova RFE/RL 04 Dec 2005 -- At the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) conference in Slovenia today, Russia and Moldova argued over a timetable for the withdrawal of Russian troops from Moldova's breakaway province of Transdniester.
- RAFAEL To Supply RECCELITE pods to the Royal Netherlands Air Force Rafael 04 Dec 2005 -- A contract for the supply of intelligence and reconnaissance systems valued at $40M has been signed between RAFAEL Armament Development Authority Ltd. and the Dutch Ministry of Defence. RAFAEL's RecceLite, a real-time intelligence and reconnaissance system for fighter aircraft, is intended for the F-16 fleet of the Royal Netherlands Air Force.
- Israeli Aircraft Target Gaza VOA 04 Dec 2005 -- An Israeli aircraft has fired a missile at a target in the Gaza Strip.
- Nigerian, South African Presidents in Ivory Coast for PM Talks VOA 04 Dec 2005 -- The presidents of South Africa and Nigeria have arrived in Ivory Coast in another effort to resolve a standoff over the selection of a new prime minister.
- India has no role in Maoist-parties agreement: Maoist leader IRNA 04 Dec 2005 -- India has no role to play in the signing of the landmark agreement between Maoists and the seven-party alliance which was arrived at the initiative of Nepalese political parties, senior Maoist leader Baburam Bhattarai has said.
- Controversial Burmese Constitutional Convention to Resume Monday VOA 04 Dec 2005 -- In Burma, a constitutional convention organized by the military government is due to resume its work on Monday.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|