19 November 2005 Military News
- DoD Identifies Army Casualties
- TASK FORCE TIKRIT SOLDIERS KILLED IN IED ATTACKS
- Iraqi, U.S. forces disrupt terrorist operations MNF-I 19 Nov 2005 -- Iraq Army and Task Force Baghdad Soldiers disrupted terrorist cells, seized weapons caches and stopped several anti-Iraqi forces from carrying out attacks during operations in the city Nov. 14-16.
- Car Bombing Kills 13 In Baghdad; Bush Vows To Stay The Course RFE/RL 19 Nov 2005 -- A car bomb killed at least 13 people and injured another 21 in Baghdad today.
- More Iraq Violence as Leaders Hold Reconciliation Talks VOA 19 Nov 2005 -- In Iraq, a suicide car bomber has attacked a Shi'ite funeral Saturday, killing at least 35 people and injuring some 50 others.
- Nine terrorists detained in joint missions MNF-I 19 Nov 2005 -- Two joint missions between Iraqi and U.S. forces resulted in the detainment of nine suspected terrorists in north-central Iraq Friday.
Defense Policy / Programs
- JROC Approves Joint HSV Program's Initial Capability Document Navy NewsStand 19 Nov 2005 -- The Joint High Speed Vessel (JHSV) program office's Initial Capability Document received approval from the Department of Defense Joint Requirements Oversight Council in early November.
- State Department Updates U.S. Response to Pakistan Earthquake Washington File 19 Nov 2005 -- The United States has raised its commitment to relief and reconstruction efforts following the October 8 Pakistan earthquake, announcing $510 million in aid to Pakistan for earthquake assistance, according to a fact sheet issued November 19 by the State Department.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|