13 November 2005 Military News
- II MEF Soldier dies in vehicle accident
- Two Marines killed by IED
- Weapons caches discovered MNF-I 13 Nov 2005 -- Iraqi police and Task Force Band of Brothers' Soldiers found and disposed of two weapons caches Nov. 12.
- Suspects detained after attack MNF-I 13 Nov 2005 -- Five suspected terrorists were captured by Iraqi and U.S. Soldiers late Nov. 12 after a mortar attack against an Iraqi Army officer's home near Baqubah.
- Coalition Forces continue hunt for Al Duri MNF-I 13 Nov 2005 -- Coalition Forces continue the hunt for Izzat Ibrihim Al Duri, long-time Saddam Hussein associate, in spite of the latest Baath party announcement of his death
- Coalition keeps pressure on terrorists MNF-I 13 Nov 2005 -- Coalition and Iraqi security forces continue to disrupt and defeat al Qaeda, foreign fighters and terrorists during more than 230 company-level combined Coalition and Iraqi security forces and 90 independent ISF operations throughout the country this week.
- 'Steel Curtain' Continues, 3 U.S. Troops Die In Iraq AFPS 13 Nov 2005 -- One U.S. soldier and two Marines were killed in Iraq Nov. 12 as a week-old operation to clear out insurgents from western Iraq continues, according to U.S. military press releases.
Defense Policy / Programs
- Kosovo: Premier Says Independence Shouldn't Be 'Bargained For' RFE/RL 13 Nov 2005 -- Interview with Kosova's prime minister, Bajram Kosumi, by Arbana Vidishiqi of the Kosova Subunit of RFE/RL's South Slavic and Albanian Languages Service.
- Rice in Israel to Push for Revival of Middle East Peace Process VOA 13 Nov 2005 -- U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice is in Israel, at the start of a two-day push to revive the Middle East peace process
- Rice Says Mideast Peace Is 'Realistic' Hope VOA 13 Nov 2005 -- U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, in Jerusalem for talks with Israeli and Palestinian leaders, says the advance of democracy and growing opposition to terrorism is making Middle East peace a realistic hope.
- U.S.-Backed Arab Democracy Forum Ends In Discord RFE/RL 13 Nov 2005 -- A U.S.-sponsored forum on democracy in the Arab world has ended in discord.
- Rice, Saudis, Discuss Terrorism, Middle East Peace Efforts VOA 13 Nov 2005 -- Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice met top Saudi leaders Sunday to inaugurate a new strategic dialogue with the U.S. Gulf ally
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|