12 November 2005 Military News
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- Safe house raided, four terrorists killed, four detained MNF-I 12 Nov 2005 -- Coalition Forces acting on multiple intelligence sources and tips from local citizens, raided a suspected al Qaeda in Iraq terrorist safe house Nov. 12 in the village of Qazwan, near Ramadi.
- Terrorist mortar team captured MNF-I 12 Nov 2005 -- A terrorist mortar team was captured and one terrorist was killed early Nov. 12 as they prepared to attack a checkpoint near Baqubah.
- U.S. Soldiers capture gunman after attack MNF-I 12 Nov 2005 -- Task Force Baghdad Soldiers on patrol in the Abu Ghraib district captured a terrorist suspected of firing at them minutes on Nov. 9.
- Task Force Baghdad Soldiers capture IED cell members MNF-I 12 Nov 2005 -- Task Force Baghdad Soldiers detained five terror suspects during an early-morning raid in southern Baghdad Nov. 11.
- Operation Steel Curtain continues MNF-I 12 Nov 2005 -- Iraqi Army Soldiers and Marines, Soldiers and Sailors with Regimental Combat Team - 2 are in the final phases of clearing operations in the border town of Karabilah.
- Terrorist killed while placing IED MNF-I 12 Nov 2005 -- Task Force Band of Brothers Soldiers engaged and killed a terrorist in the process of emplacing an improvised explosive device in Samarra Nov. 11.
- Afghan Election Results Finalized RFE/RL 12 Nov 2005 -- The results from Afghanistan's September parliamentary results were finalized today, RFE/RL's Afghan Service reported.
- Afghan Soldiers Conduct U.S.-Style Training Exercise AFPS 12 Nov 2005 -- Afghan soldiers are participating in an American-military-styled combat training exercise near Kandahar, according to a U.S. military press release.
Defense Policy / Programs
- Investigators Question Lebanese President About Hariri Assassination VOA 12 Nov 2005 -- United Nations investigators looking into the assassination of former Lebanese Prime Minister Rafik Hariri have questioned President Emile Lahoud about the case.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|