14 August 2005 Military News
- Task Force Baghdad Soldier found dead
- Task Force Baghdad Soldier killed
- Three Task Force Liberty Soldiers killed, one wounded near Tuz
- One Soldier killed, three wounded by IED
- UPDATE - Task Force Freedom Soldiers find chemical production facility MNF-I 14 Aug 2005 -- Coalition Forces continue to analyze chemical samples found in the chemical production facility and storage site in Mosul on Aug. 9.
- Two members of MeK abducted MNF-I 14 Aug 2005 -- Two members of the Mujahedeen e Kalq were abducted on August 4 in eastern Baghdad while on a routine logistics trip to Baghdad
- U.S., Afghan Security Forces Battle Insurgents AFPS 14 Aug 2005 -- Three insurgents were killed and two Afghan National Police were injured during a firefight that occurred near the city of Deh Rahwod in southern Afghanistan's Uruzgan province on Aug. 12.
Defense Policy / Programs
- Sri Lanka Prepares to Bury Foreign Minister, Suspects Arrested VOA 14 Aug 2005 -- Lankans are preparing to bury Foreign Minister Lakshman Kadirgamar, who was assassinated Friday.
- Georgia: Can Moves Toward Abkhaz-Georgian Rapprochement Continue? RFE/RL 14 Aug 2005 -- The Tbilisi office of the UN Observer Mission in Georgia (UNOMIG) is encouraged by the "constructive" atmosphere at the 4 August UN-mediated talks between Abkhaz and Georgian delegations and at a 10 August meeting in Sukhum between top Abkhaz leaders and the diplomatic representatives in Tbilisi of the five member states of the "Friends of the UN Secretary-General for Georgia" group, an UNOMIG spokeswoman told RFE/RL on 11 August.
- New Kyrgyzstan President Sworn In VOA 14 Aug 2005 -- Kyrgyzstan's newly elected president has been sworn in to office. The former opposition leader has been acting president since a popular uprising last March swept the former president from power.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|