25 June 2005 Military News
- DoD Identifies Marine Casualty
- Fallujah convoy attack (update)
- Task Force Liberty Soldiers target rocket cell in Kirkuk MNF-I 25 Jun 2005 -- Task Force Liberty Soldiers conducted a series of raids in Kirkuk , June 25, targeting a terrorist cell suspected of conducting rockets attacks in the area.
- Task Force Liberty Soldiers detain three suspected insurgents MNF-I 25 Jun 2005 -- Task Force Liberty Soldiers detained three suspected bomb makers in a raid south of Tikrit at about 1 a.m. June 25.
- Iraq Violence Continues to Rage, Bush Vows to Stay the Course VOA 25 Jun 2005 -- At least 19 Iraqis, including eight policemen, and six U.S. military personnel were killed in separate attacks since Friday in Iraq.
Defense Policy / Programs
- Thales welcomes operational service entry of Rafale Marine Thales 25 Jun 2005 -- Thales welcomes the entry of the Rafale F1 standard into operational service, announced by the French Navy at the Landivisiau naval airbase on 25 June 2004. The entry into operational service is a sign of the Rafale's operational success with the Aéronavale (the French Navy's air arm) and confirms the programme as a key element of France's defence for the coming decades.
- GUINEA / INSTABILITY VOA 25 Jun 2005 -- Over the past 15 years, Guinea has been both affected by and involved in the wars in West Africa. Now, with a faltering economy and the health of the long-ruling Lansana Conte declining, analysts warn the country is on the brink of a crisis, which could once again destabilize the entire region.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|